Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

S.W.A.T. (Saturday / Sunday Walk and Talk)

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Hi all

Started a little series for my own amusement. Feel free to ignore :)

JeroenShoshin1KotishkalobsterDavidNeridaSuraShineWalker

Comments

• Neat @Bunks ๐Ÿ‘...How far from Melbourne is the centre ?

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

About 80 kms @Shoshin1

Same distance from Geelong where I live too.

Shoshin1

People drive up most days and offer food. Mainly supported by the Sri Lankan community even though it's Thai Forest tradition.

Shoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Fun video @bunks

Bunks
  • Really interesting :):+1:

One small question: what was the name of your Danish teacher?

• AlexAlex UK Veteran

Great video @Bunks I really enjoyed that. You put things across in a very easily understood manner, a great communicator ๐Ÿ‘ Iโ€™ve learned that your name is Luke, also ! What you said about always coming back to Theravada.....Iโ€™ve been finding that too. I like to look at other practices and traditions, yet I always feel most grounded and at home in Theravada.

Thereโ€™s something most uplifting about being amongst trees too, beautiful ๐ŸŒณ

Kotishkalobster

@Alex said:
    Great video @Bunks I really enjoyed that. You put things across in a very easily understood manner, a great communicator ๐Ÿ‘ Iโ€™ve learned that your name is Luke, also ! What you said about always coming back to Theravada.....Iโ€™ve been finding that too. I like to look at other practices and traditions, yet I always feel most grounded and at home in Theravada.

Thereโ€™s something most uplifting about being amongst trees too, beautiful ๐ŸŒณ

Glad you enjoyed it Alex! Yes, thereโ€™s something very grounding about the Theravadan tradition I find. Perhaps it suits the western mind a bit more than the Mahayana traditions? Donโ€™t know

Alex

@ใ‚ณใƒใ‚ทใ‚ซ said:
    Really interesting :):+1:

One small question: what was the name of your Danish teacher?

Bhikkhu Samahita (aka Jan Hansen)

https://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=Bhikkhu_Samahita

Kotishka
  • Great video @Bunks I really enjoyed that. You put things across in a very easily understood manner, a great communicator ๐Ÿ‘

Vlogging is a great way to become aware of thoughts and progress. Bravo @Bunks.

Dear Spiritual Diary,

• keep it real
    • be kind to Noobs, Trolls and Theravadins
    • wear a mask and be a Jane Jain
    • wander lowly as a Taoist ...

etc etc ...

lobster over and out ...

BunksAlexJeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Bunks said:
    thereโ€™s something very grounding about the Theravadan tradition I find

I wholeheartedly agree with you @bunks, maybe itโ€™s because of them forest monks. Trees, grounding and all that. But itโ€™s also the attitude to learning, I think.

AlexBunks
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Thanks @Bunks, I enjoyed our, er, your walk.

Bunks
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

So will this be a thing? Once a week or just every now and then?

Fun idea. I can see myself looking forward to the newest episode.

@David said:
    So will this be a thing? Once a week or just every now and then?

Fun idea. I can see myself looking forward to the newest episode.

Thank you @David - I hope you enjoy it.

I will try and do it each week but my kids stay with me every second weekend so becomes a little challenging on that weekend. There won't be one today.

Look out next week though :)

lobsterKotishkaDavid
  • SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

Great vlog @Bunks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™I look forward to more entries ๐Ÿ˜Š

Bunks

@SuraShine said:

Thanks @SuraShine - hope life is treating you well :)

@Bunks said:

@SuraShine said:

Thanks @SuraShine - hope life is treating you well :)

Thanks @Bunks - I'm recovering from a dislocated jaw (happened 8 weeks ago now), but the treatment and focused practise is helping ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

KotishkaBunks

Thanks bunks, I enjoy these small bits of Pureland. Hope you had a good day!

Bunks
  • New episode! :pleased: Mornin' ! Good Sunday :)

Bunks

@Kerome said:
    Thanks bunks, I enjoy these small bits of Pureland. Hope you had a good day!

Thanks @Kerome - it was a lovely day. Always warms the heart to head out into the forest and help out the Sangha. I really missed it last year during lock down.
    Take care ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ

Shoshin1

@Bunks I relate to this so much. I have a real monkey mind myself, so I use the Green Tara Mantra when I meditate. I've also had a Green Tara Empowerment so I find myself very attuned or close to her.

Bunks