Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Funny Stuff

Comments

• Kotishka
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Elderly couple go to the doctor.
    "Doctor," says the wife, I want you to check my husband over... we still enjoy our conjugal rights now and then, but, well... he's finding it hard going sometimes..."
    The Doctor takes the husband into a cubicle, and examines him. Physically, everything seems to be in order...
    "So, tell me, what's the problem as you experience it?" asks the Doctor...
    "Well" explains the old boy, hesitantly... "The first time is great. We're happy, we're satisfied, it all goes well, no problems...but then, the second time, I get sweats, I overheat, I need water... it's just uncomfortable!"
    The doctor is stumped, so he goes out to the wife, and relates what her husband has said...
    "Yeah" she replies, "The first time is in January, the second time is in August..."

JeffreyBunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Two elderly couples are sitting, sunday afternoon, enjoying chatting... the men on the verandah, the ladies in the lounge...
    "So, BIll," ask Mick, "How was your trip to town yesterday? How was the lunch?"
    "Oh!" Replies Bill, "It was amazing! The ambience was beautiful! We ate in the gardens... lush, green, the planting was superb! The whole setting was marvellous, and the food! My God, it was great! You should go!"
    "Sure!" says Mick, "What's the name of the restaurant?"
    Bill sits and thinks, but can't for the life of him remember...
    "What's that flower... it's pink, or red... nice foliage... has thorns..."
    "Rose...?" Ventures Mick.
    "Yeah, that's it, thanks! Hey, Rose! What's the name of that restaurant we went to...?!"

lobsterJohnCobb
    edited March 2021

A Jewish Momma and her 4-year-old son are walking and playing on a beach, on a warm sunny day, down at the sea shore... suddenly, a rogue wave hurtles towards the beach, and before the Momma can do anything, it sweeps her little boy away...
    Panicking, because nobody saw a thing, she starts screaming and praying,

"Oh God, give my son back! he has his life ahead of him! He's gonna be a doctor, he would be so good for people! I promise god, give my son back, and I'll go to the synagogue every day, I'll quit nagging my husband, I won't be picky any more... please God, please!"

At that moment, another huge wave builds, and crashing on the seashore, deposits her little boy infront of her... coughing and spluttering but otherwise fine.
    She gathers him up, crying with joy!
    "Oh God, thank you, thank you! I promise, everything I said I would do, I will do...I'll go to the synagogue every day, I'll...."

She looks at her son, then back to the heavens...

"Scuse me but...You know... he had a hat..."

The lady doth protest too much, methinks!

lobster
  • WE recently aquired a dog. She is friendly, playful and the household shredder. If she can get a bite into it, it will be shredded.. and we adore her.

JeroenShoshin1

@Lionduck said:
    WE recently aquired a dog. She is friendly, playful and the household shredder. If she can get a bite into it, it will be shredded.. and we adore her.

Dog Behaviourist here, ready if you need me!

• @Lionduck said:
    WE recently aquired a dog. She is friendly, playful and the household shredder. If she can get a bite into it, it will be shredded.. and we adore her.

If you haven't already decided on a name you could call her Shreddy .... :)

Shreddy, beddy, GO!

Shoshin1
  • For easter I tried to teach my mother a Christian mantra/prayer. She has alzhiemers > dementia ...

Lord Jesus Christ, Have Mercy on me A Sinner

She managed:
    Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on my dinner

Good enough! :mrgreen: Tuck in!
    https://www.learnreligions.com/the-jesus-prayer-542660

JeroenShoshin1
  • lobsterBunksLionduck
  • WalkerlobsterBunksLionduck
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

JeroenKotishkaShoshin1Lionduck
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

BunksJeffreyWalkerLionduck
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited May 2021

Only in Australia

Shoshin1Lionduck

BunksJeroenLionduck

@Shoshin1 said:

I thought you might get away with that on Waiheke @Shoshin1 ? :p

Shoshin1

lobsterLionduckWalker

Is there a commonly mispronounced word or phrase which drives you mad?

Please try and be as pacific as possible.

howBunksWalker

bitch.

BunksShoshin1

BunkshowLionduck
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Came across this top tip on reddit:
    'I had my healthy appendix removed,
    just to show my other organs, I take no bullshit.'

JeroenShoshin1
    edited June 2021

Talking of pronouncing words, and errant letters (see this post and following...)

Dame Margot Asquith, Meets Jean Harlow.

J.H.: "That's a beautiful name! Is it pronounced "Margotte"..?
    M.A.: No, the 'T' is silent. As in 'Harlow'.

To be fair, she WAS a bitch...

Shoshin1Jeroenlobster
  • BunksLionduck
  • BunksLionduck
  • BunkslobsterKotishkaLionduck
  • Well did you say it slowly @Bunks ? ;);)

@Shoshin1 said:
    Well did you say it slowly @Bunks ? ;);)

I tried but it didn’t seem to work 😜

Shoshin1lobster

BunkslobsterJeffreyShoshin1
  • JeffreylobsterBunks
  • BunksJeroenLionduck

I've forgotten how to program mine...!

• lobsterBunksLionduck

Bah-dum, tch!

• BunkspersonLionduck
    edited June 2021

"Should have gone to SpecSavers"

lobsterBunksLionduck

Joke from my 8 year old:

How does a tree get on the internet?

It “logs” on 😆

JeroenShoshin1personLionduck

badum-tch!

Bunks
  • BunksLionduck