Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

With One Bound...

So here in the U.K. we begin (tentatively) to emerge from lockdown.
For me and my wife that means a trip to a pub garden on Friday..and for me the following Thursday a haircut! Things are looking up!

lobsterDaviddramaqueenJeffreyShoshin1

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited April 2021

I have an appointment in 2 weeks for the vax so I've told my snooker pals to expect me back at the table in a month. I think, if everything goes according to plan, social distancing & mask wearing will still be in effect.
    Our numbers here of covidiots is growing in leaps and bounds. I think it's like car accidents where most occur within 2 blocks of home. With a possible higher level of safety in sight, folks are starting to jump the gun on acting like the virus has already been beaten.

lobsterShoshin1
  • ChoephalChoephal UK Veteran

That of course is the danger. Getting the balance right. People have been in virtual isolation for so long, but in pockets the virus is still out there. We need to fell some normalcy..but slowly.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Choephal said:
    So here in the U.K. we begin (tentatively) to emerge from lockdown.
    For me and my wife that means a trip to a pub garden on Friday..and for me the following Thursday a haircut! Things are looking up!

Good news! Please stay safe πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Choephallobster

We will try..we are not taking chances, maintaing masks, social distancing and so on. Thank you for your good wishes...πŸ™πŸ»

dramaqueen
  • In the UK we do not follow our leaders:

• we blow them up eg. Guy Fawkes.
    • behead them eg. King Charles I
    • elect them for comedic effect eg .'Agent Boris' Johnson

As for experts our pubs are full of them ...

Meanwhile the women are running the country ...

... and now back to the lockdown/retreat/practice opportunity ...

Buddhist addiction treatment
    https://recoverydharma.online/

howShoshin1Walker
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Well the Netherlands is lagging in vaccinations, we have about 10% of the population vaccinated compared to 60% in the UK. It looks like it will take a while longer...

edited April 2021

We are not out of the woods yet..there is always the possibility of a new variant not covered by the current vaccines..but credit where it is due, it is always tempting to criticise the government and they frequently deserve it, but the U.K. government has done an amazing job in its vaccine roll-out, quite staggeringly efficient. Something like 98% of those over 70 and the more vulnerable have been jabbed. Most of the over 50’s have been invited to be vaccinated and the over 40’s are just coming on line...with a population of 65 million that is an impressive achievement.
    I voted Remain in the Brexit referendum but seeing how much more effective our government has been in responding to the pandemic has made me question my views.

lobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Kerome said:
    Well the Netherlands is lagging in vaccinations, we have about 10% of the population vaccinated compared to 60% in the UK. It looks like it will take a while longer...

Same in Australia. Very slow. But we have had virtually zero cases in the last few months so the urgency isn’t there.

• Same here in Aoteaora (NZ where it's business as usual )....Our PM made this point when questioned as to why we are behind when it comes to the vaccine roll out......In many countries around the world people are still dying in large numbers from covid 19, those countries should have priority ...

lobster
  • the virus has already been beaten.

Indeed.
    Now that our beloved sociopaths leaders influencers lizard brained, have been cleared of crimes against humanity, it is time to plan the New World Disorder (also available as a conspiracy) ...

• Go Gaia
    • Be Buddha
    • Feed the aliens (when available)
    • Get a hair growth

eh ...