Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Falling in love with meditation again...

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Ajahn Brahm is helping me fall in love with meditation again. It's a nice feeling.

His Friday night guided meditations are excellent for us Noobs :)

lobsterJeffreyShoshin1Tara1978David

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited February 2021

Thanks @Bunks <3 Outstanding.
    That meditation preparation is a form of seated yoga nidra/mindfulness/attentive awareness. Wonderful. =)
    Suitable for noobs and their non opposites - sboon.

Bunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited February 2021

We are all noobs, all the time. It recalls beginners mind.

For a moment I thought Ajahn Brahm had grown a big reddish beard. Lol.

KotishkalobsterBunksShoshin1
  • Tara1978Tara1978 UK Veteran

Thanks @Bunks i need some inspiration to start meditating regularly again. I will give this a go. Lock down in the UK has given me lots of time, but less motivation. Sleep is a problem, both quality and quantity, and my monkey mind is the issue i think.

Bunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Tara1978 said:
    Thanks @Bunks i need some inspiration to start meditating regularly again. I will give this a go. Lock down in the UK has given me lots of time, but less motivation. Sleep is a problem, both quality and quantity, and my monkey mind is the issue i think.

It could also be a lack of Magnesium. Once I began taking supplements, my sleep improved. That and, not eating too late, and taking my dog for a daily walk of an hour and a half!

Tara1978Bunks
  • Tara1978Tara1978 UK Veteran

@federica I've heard good thinks about magnesium, will order some and try out. No amount of walking or cycling seems to help, may have something to do with being a woman of a certain age too, and all the changes that brings.

Bunkslobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2021

@Tara1978 , tell me about it...!

It could be. It's also important to drink half your weight in pounds, in fluid oz.
    So, if for example you way 150lbs, 75 fl.oz. of water a day... that's 3 and three-quarter (British) pints... I think USA pints have 16fl. oz...

We women commonly dehydrate, and indeed, most people do not drink enough water...

BunksTara1978lobster
  • I will give this a go

Ajahn Brahm should be part of the International Health Service ...

... oh wait he is ...

Led meditations. Sit and listen ... oh yeah!

BunksTara1978
  • Bunkslobster
  • Enjoy following your breath, enjoy just sitting, enjoy just being.

lobsterShoshin1Bunks