Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thich Nhat Hanh short teaching videos

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

It seems that there is a whole series of these on YouTube, released about a year ago. I totally missed them when they put them up, but I am a fan. They seem to be snippets from various dhamma talks held during retreats. They are about 20 minutes long.

I am currently watching ‘Four notions to remove’, which talks about some parts of the Diamond Sutra.

BunksShoshin1David

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Short? To us Gen Z.kids this is like strapping in to watch Gone With the Wind! Hehe

Shoshin1DavidJohnCobb
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Here is another one that I enjoyed...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

There is also a very nice free iPhone app which I hadn’t seen before. Talks, videos, audio recordings, guided meditations (I think) and a mindfulness bell. Much cheaper than headspace, and from a first look, very good! Highly recommended.

• Just pick up this from one of the local op shops...

JohnCobb

Not exactly a short teaching... don’t think I have seen that one before.

• SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

The resident monk where I did my Green Tara Empowerment gave a teaching that went almost two hours (and almost half an hour over time). 20 mins is short to me after that :)

I like these very much, they are a nice length at 15 minutes, it doesn’t take up a big slice of your day in order to watch them. The app also has a nice selection.

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

Welcome Home 🙏🙏🙏

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@Kerome said:
    I like these very much, they are a nice length at 15 minutes, it doesn’t take up a big slice of your day in order to watch them. The app also has a nice selection.

The app just keeps getting better and better. So much content

Jeroen

Yes I agree, the Plum Village app is excellent.