Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Is there a name?

ktc2ktc2 R'lyeh New

Is there a name for that peaceful, clear almost 'high' feeling you get after a really good meditation session?

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

I'd say it roughly corresponds to the Pali tems piti and sukkha.

Bunkslobsterktc2
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@ktc2 said:
    Is there a name for that peaceful, clear almost 'high' feeling you get after a really good meditation session?

I get the same feeling after vigorous exercise. I’ve heard it called a “runners high”.
    Rarely get it from meditation these days.
    Maybe I’m not doing it right? :p

lobster
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

@ktc2 said:

Bliss...

ktc2
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@ktc2 said:

Delusion?

Oops … bad lobster :3
    I would suggest highs and lows and nothing very much are all non meditation states.

@Jason has answered it technically but I would ask, what is the name for mindfulness that does not have a name?
    https://www.lionsroar.com/how-mindfulness-leads-to-enlightenment/

howFosdick
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

I like the word 'clear' or transparent. This just passing through state or stillness is being without form. In a sense it is mahamudra or dzogchen.

It is important to ascribe no qualities or preferences to it. It is the just sitting of shikantaza
    https://zenstudiespodcast.com/shikantaza/

Hardcore simplicity …

Fosdickhow