Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Temple dogs

So it’s my understanding that temple dogs are rebirth /reincarnated monks and nuns that fallen in someway but treated as if they were not fallen .

Baron the regular schnauzer he’s supposed to be a miniature anyway due to a prophetic dream is supposed to be a temple dog and me I am just a damn human just kidding I am and will always be unrecognized rebirth monk I say monk because that’s the gender in the supposed past life I saw. As I am a transsexual woman and I try to be a good buddhist by somehow being apart of the monastic somehow .

Anyways baron was named after the song Red Baron so that might be why he’s like this as a old man.

Anyways he a visualized teacher to me when I envision the teacher. And though he he taught my right livelihood from a dog perspective he didn’t teach me any Buddhism lol but he says he’s a universalist Christian since his parents my parents are spiritual but nonconformist churchgoers and secular but he likes Buddhist teachings when I listen and Greek music. As in my heart I am greek and USA. My parents are veterans and spent two yrs in Crete greece 🇬🇷 and I feel in love with the kind people . I don’t remember the American hate. This was middle late 1980’s.

Anyways he was playful in nature as a puppy and young adult. As a old man he’s cranky and trying to assert alpha with me. I don’t know if it is because I acted out a few yrs back as I have borderline personality disorder 😂 sad but true. So it makes practice let alone personal life a mess. I survived a mess and I won’t get into that. Baron survived being run over by a car luckily the lady who hit him was so apologetic and helped him anyway possible next he was mauled by two dogs ( mom walks him off his leash but uses the leash sometimes: so both were her fault) the family who owned those dogs saved his life again like the First Lady. Now I think he’s a calmed down version of me baron a bpd person. Or is it because he’s named after a rock song and unruly. He’s supposed to a little master but sometimes he doesn’t act it.

I am babysitting at his house him while parents are on vacation my cats are here he shivers , throws tantrums inside and out. I stumbled on a schnauzer YouTube video saying if your not alpha material I am really nice person to nice 😂 so i am not alpha material the little master little maniac says he’s alpha it’s tireing.

By the way I only see glimpses of past lives and because I was diagnosed with psychosis too I wonder sometimes about how I see the little master as a supposed temple dog.

Any advice

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited May 2021

@paska said:
    as I have borderline personality disorder 😂 sad but true.

How do you find this interacts with your Buddhism, @paska? What I know of BPD is that it can cause difficult emotions to arise and people with it are often mercurial, unhappy and unpredictable, I had a friend who had a touch of the condition and she was often unhappy.

It strikes me that it must be difficult to develop equanimity with such a condition. Is it possible to stay in a witnessing state of mind, keeping a distance from what you feel?

@paska said:
    I was diagnosed with psychosis too

It seems you’ve had some difficult times. What kind of approach have you chosen to healing, have you tried medication? Sometimes a natural path works, but pills do have their place.

@paska said:
    Any advice

Try not to take things too seriously. We can set all sorts of goals for ourselves, and some of it may work out, and some of it may not. Also to focus on knowing yourself first, before you apply yourself to helping others. Give yourself the best possible chance to heal, and then get to feeling better than well.

• paskapaska Explorer

I have issues with pills but I am on them and stay on them. Even on pills my mind is wacko. Sigh. I do therapy to. But is their a practice I can take up

• paskapaska Explorer

Though I have rocky life I still have on most days a good personality it’s either anger/sadness or happy happy to happy .

• paskapaska Explorer

I will do better illness and life circumstances is a teaching all its own.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I take it you are able to rely on professional, medical help and counselling to support you ?

paska
  • paskapaska Explorer

Yes Federico I am stable on meds

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

That's good; because much as we may want to, we cannot provide the essential and vital, medically-trained, professional counsel and support that those who are qualified and trained to do so, can. All we can do is be here with our suggestions and listen to your words and proffer what we know in Buddhist and humanitarian ways.
    Nobody here is either trained or qualified, so please understand we speak from the heart, if not the profession.

paskalobsterKotishka