Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

Comments

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

Yes @Bunks ...it's the big smoke/the main village....

Bunks

This morning as I enter the beach I eye was greeted by a beautiful rainbow and sunrise...

On my return the rainbow had vanished into thin air and the clouds covered the sun...

BunksJeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Beautiful skies @shoshin1

Shoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Kerome said:
    I think we got a timely reminder that computing should be fun...

I think I’m going to buy a green one… have tried to do so today but was halted by my banks over-enthusiastic fraud detection system (curse you, artificial intelligence!) but it’s only a matter of time before the friendly people in the anti-fraud department ok my use of my money…

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I for one am grateful for their vigilance... I was saved a steep expenditure a few years ago...

• KotishkaKotishka Veteran

I have exams and I'm on the verge of AHHHH!

Bunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@コチシカ said:
    I have exams and I'm on the verge of AHHHH!

..aaaaand....breathe....

Kotishka

KotishkalobsterFosdickBunks

That's cute....

• KotishkaKotishka Veteran

Highly effective @Shoshin1 ! Thank you!

Shoshin1
    edited May 2021

@federica said:
    I for one am grateful for their vigilance... I was saved a steep expenditure a few years ago...

It’s getting ridiculous… I have phoned the bank three times and chatted to five different people in three departments, the transaction was flagged by an automated system, that was fixed, then my whole account was frozen by the French branch because of suspicious activity, generating a different error, now that’s been fixed. Hopefully now I can finally order my iMac and have the payment go through successfully.

For an instant I missed the 'i' on the iMac and thought you were having a deliveroo burger...

lobsterShoshin1JeroenKotishka

@コチシカ said:
    Highly effective @Shoshin1 ! Thank you!

You're welcome...Enjoy the exam...

Kotishka

You may laugh, but what I said to the bank was to the point. I’m grateful they take such good care of the security of my money, but when it’s so secure that I can’t use it myself anymore, then I’m calling it excessive.

Anyway, my order is confirmed, and I should be taking delivery of a shiny new green iMac in early July.

Shoshin1lobsterFosdick
    edited May 2021

Well the last couple of days have been wintery days, temperature not going above 17C

Lots of cloud...However it looks as though the sun is shinning on part of the mainland, that's a place called Coromandel in the distance...Hot Water beach is there, an under water spring of hot water flows under parts of the beach and if you dig just below the surface, thermal water comes bubbling up to the surface, what beach goers do in winter and summer is dig a little pool to lie in the warm water....I've haven't been there in many years, the last time I visited there was when my children were toddlers....

Bunks

It was a cold morning but the sky was on fire ...

Sunrise taken from Owhanake Bay...

Bunkslobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Cool here this morning too. Keep an eye out for the super moon tonight!

Shoshin1

Yes and may the skies be clear this evening for the super moon to shine in all its glory :)

edited May 2021

The eclipse is meant to happen at 11.11pm tonight NZ time...However I'll be asleep by then...

Still it's a big beautiful moon this evening...

Bunks

Thanks for sharing @Shoshin1
    My Thai friend told me I shouldn’t go out and look at it last night as it’s bad luck. I think she was serious O.o
    I guess if I get hit by a bus today she was right...

Shoshin1

Beautiful sunrise this morning and another cold morning along with high tide....

lobsterBunksLionduck

@Lionduck said:
    I thought I had an epiphany, but it was just spilled coffee.

The word epiphany always reminds me of elephants. For some reason.

BunksLionduck

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me that a full frontal lobotomy...

Fred Allen.

Shoshin1

Stormy day and another high tide, my joggers got wet when trying to avoid the waves

This morning's jolk was a soggy one....

BunkslobsterLionduck

@Shoshin1 said:
    Stormy day and another high tide, my joggers got wet when trying to avoid the waves

>

This morning's jolk was a soggy one....

Yeah, looks like you’re sending some our way 😀
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-28/bom-warns-of-hazardous-surf-thanks-to-low-off-new-zealand/100172470

You're welcome ;);) ...The sun's out now @Bunks patchy blue skies, but more wet and windy weather to come...

Bunks
    edited May 2021

Walked into the village this afternoon for some dental floss...The police launch was in the bay with divers searching for a missing boatie, an elderly boatie went missing last week...his boat is still in the bay...

Around the same time I found a piece of clothing, a soggy jumper washed up on the beach on my morning jolk...I didn't think much of it as things are often washed up..I picked it up and left it by some steps...I checked earlier and it was gone...Not sure if there is a connection...somebody may have handed it into the police already...

It looks like there's a mother of a storm brewing...it's working its way up the islands, the South Island is already feeling its effects...

Dark clouds covering most of the island...

edited May 2021

During my walk here yesterday morning I noticed how nature is flowering…

It’s a bee heaven in the middle of the forest.

lobsterShoshin1Kotishka

The storm hit early this morning..and looks like it's set in for the day...

Well it looks like I'll be jolking from home on old faithful which I picked up from the local op shop for $5, cleaned it up, a slap of black paint and oiled and its as good as new...It's around 20 years old...

It will be the first morning in over five months that I've not gone for a jolk...It's the last day of Autumn too...

Bunkslobster
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

What's happened to the e bike?

@how said:
    What's happened to the e bike?

Only use it every now and again, cycle to work in the village, but not when it's raining...
    So this morning because it's bucketing down, I jolked on the spot, well I went for a virtual 4kms jolk in the English countryside around Ancaster lake ...thanks to my step exercise machine, smart TV and youtube....

BunksFosdickhowlobster
  • It was breathtaking when I reached little Oneroa this morning...blue skies, the sun rising ...

Chilly first thing but it's warmed up, if fact I may go for a quick skinny dip...make hay while the sun shines so to speak...it's winter...

Bunks
  • Beautiful at first...

Then the rain came..

Sunshine again so I went for a 'quick' skinny dip...water surprisingly warm for this time of year...

The grey rain cloud came again, so I headed home...

Bunkslobster
  • When I got home my new pinhole glasses had arrived, $2.90 NZD each so I bought two pair....

Hmm they remind me of the compound eyes of an insect

Superfly ? or The Fly ?

lobsterBunksFosdick

Love it @Shoshin1 !

Shoshin1
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Great glasses @Shoshin I have two pairs. One with a built in eye massage. The more conventional pair, similar to the ones you are wearing is more for outside.

Summer has arrived here. Windows open. Ionisers on stun. Heptic filters and fans on …
    I can even do yoga as it was meant to be … for a hot climate …

Shoshin1Bunks
  • Beautiful sunrise through the clouds...unfortunately smoke pollution too, someone on the island was having a burn off polluting the environment I could smell the smoke on the beach...

Bunks
    edited June 2021

Crescent moon at this morning's meditation

A chilly morning....

BunkslobsterFosdick
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

It is summer here (at last)
    Ganesh guards one of my garden Buddhas
    and white bum bumblebees are robbing my flowers
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombus_lucorum

Shoshin1FosdickBunksJohnCobb
  • Your garden stole our summer weather @lobster

• Last week of exams!

Shoshin1BunksJohnCobb

@コチシカ said:
    Last week of exams!

Woo hoo!!

• Well it was a wet windy stormy morning so I had an indoor jolk around the English countryside...
    So this afternoon between the rains I took a walk along the beach...

The crashing waves were mesmerising and enticing , part of me wanted to strip down and rush into the ocean to body surf the huge waves, however the more sensible part talked the self out of it...I would be bounced around like a rag doll...

Then standing by the rocks, again transfixed by the waves crashing against the rocks...suddenly the wash came in a little too close...hence the mad rush to get out the way...

Bunks
  • Took a trip into the city this morning...This is the city centre's main street ...Queen street...

Couldn't move for the crowds... ;);)

Walking back along Queen street to the ferry, I stopped to have a chat with this guy

(The video was taken by someone else a year or two ago)
    I bought some bees wax from him a few years ago, still got some left, so didn't buy more, but did enjoy our chat...He's a nice guy, always got some words of wisdom...

FosdickBunks

I like Auckland.
    Still amused by Daily Planet voting it as one of the Top 10 party cities in the world a few years ago though haha. I went out drinking there on a Wednesday night many years ago and you’d hardly call it a party town in fairness.

Shoshin1
  • Yes compered to other big cities main streets, Auckland's Queen street pales in comparison, however a lot of the nighttime activities (bars & clubs) are found in the side streets off Queen street @Bunks ...

Back in the late seventies when I was here on a working holiday from Oz, we used to hang out at the Gluepot in Ponsonby...

• The rainbow this morning...

I can sing a rainbow too

We can sing a rainbow too

Then the ever present brilliant clear blue skies above the approaching dark thunder clouds..

lobster
  • This morning's sunrise explodes through the clouds

Bunks