Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Politics again

I know tibetan Buddhism is against abortion but sees it as a secular choice. That life begins in the womb at conception. But with restrictions on abortion in USA based on illegal blue laws ie religous laws why should a Buddhist have to follow Christian law. I am tired of Christian Science being used for blue laws and libs don’t attack the republicans deplorables for bringing religion in government laws. For example the whole bathroom issue or sports issue for transsexual people. We’re citizens not Jews in the death camps of Nazi germany. We’re just trying to survive. I saw Pennsylvania a lib state went against constitution and made abortion laws.

I believe in choice rather then restricting abortion. Now can you be ordained Buddhist if you had a abortion it’s up to hh dalia lama. As LGBT I believe theirs nothing wrong here and lgbt esp transsexual should have rights and not be discriminated against. Why hasn’t biden taken the far right to court on religous matters forcing Christian sharia on non Christians non Abrahamics.

Kotishka

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2021

Because, America.
    When a country has "In God We Trust" on their money, you can bet that God and the dollar have the final say. And not necessarily in that order.

FoibleFulllobsterJohnCobb
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran

Tibetan Buddhism warns against the karmic consequences of killing, but that is not the same thing as "being against" killing. As Buddhists, we try to develop mindfulness so we CAN make choices.

We become whatever kinds of imprints (karmas) we create inside of ourselves, and we are creating all sort of imprints 24/7 by everything we do inwardly as well as outwardly. In turn, who and how we have made ourselves into determines what we are drawn to and what we do or do not attract to ourselves.

Acts of wisdom and compassion are “skillful actions” that produce positive results and propel us towards enlightenment. Acts of self-centeredness, or that harm other living beings, are “unskillful actions” that produce negative results and slow our growth towards becoming enlightened.

So an abortion is a choice that is an “unskillful action”. And killing a mosquito is also an “unskillful action”. And getting drunk or stoned dulls our mindfulness, so we are more likely to engage in some kind of unskillful action. But none of these mean we are not a Buddhist. It merely means we are still “crazy” (ignorant) because we have not yet become fully enlightened.

Even the Dalai Lama sometimes kills mosquitos … or, so he says. I have to wonder if he isn’t just trying to encourage us to feel compassion for our and other’s ignorance by showing us that we can be working towards enlightenment, but still be ignorant.

Bunkslobster
  • NeridaNerida Denmark Explorer

@paska said:
    I know tibetan Buddhism is against abortion but sees it as a secular choice. That life begins in the womb at conception. But with restrictions on abortion in USA based on illegal blue laws ie religous laws why should a Buddhist have to follow Christian law. I am tired of Christian Science being used for blue laws and libs don’t attack the republicans deplorables for bringing religion in government laws. For example the whole bathroom issue or sports issue for transsexual people. We’re citizens not Jews in the death camps of Nazi germany. We’re just trying to survive. I saw Pennsylvania a lib state went against constitution and made abortion laws.

I believe in choice rather then restricting abortion. Now can you be ordained Buddhist if you had a abortion it’s up to hh dalia lama. As LGBT I believe theirs nothing wrong here and lgbt esp transsexual should have rights and not be discriminated against. Why hasn’t biden taken the far right to court on religous matters forcing Christian sharia on non Christians non Abrahamics.

I would respectfully offer the opinion that you don't fully understand TB if that's your current understanding of HHDL's role in TB...

Also, invoking comparisons to Jews when you feel something is unfair is a tired stereotype. And majorly hypocritical, especially when they're currently being attacked on the streets of the US for something happening half a world away and people are just standing by and filming it on their phones.

JohnCobbfederica
  • paskapaska Explorer

I am back I am sorry to all but I am I came from a school that had a advance level in tibetan Buddhism I don’t know what is real and what was fake as it was a cult Aci Buddhism under geshe micheal roach.

I do not like muckraking someone who is inspired the geshe program a monks degree for layperson even if it might be wrong view . I switched sects still gelug differ school beginner because I don’t was told to be a director so I can go into advanced courses. Federica I am sorry a Buddhist would accept that and accept my excuse genuine my spell check on my devices are running rapid and being stupid if it doesn’t recognize a word ect. But I feel attacked here as said I was told on here majority are beginners too a beginner attacking a beginner who might not be a beginner is hypocrisy.

Actually it’s not tired I am sick genocide is being used exclusively for Jews I am not repeat not anti Semitic but look at palastein to isreal or blacks in USA I am white by way. The idea of transsexual rights is akin to culture genocide or are you LGBT bigot. I do understand that tibetan government is no longer under hhdl its secular now and that Tibetan Buddhism understands in death Bardos life begins when sperm meets egg and yes indeed it’s a choice a bad choice but a needed choice for some abortion. It’s murder but it’s not seen as such in secular circumstances.

I understand some are layperson on here But majority are beginners attacking someone breaks vows and is very bad karma if they are a student and plan to be a nun someday. I do not like to slam fellow sangha members but it is you who does not know what you are talking about. I suggest you get a teacher and stop reading books , these dharma books were meant for students as adjunct with teacher teaching. You can not understand Buddhism that way.

Mods please respond to this and tell them that if they truly wanna be buddhist one must have struck morals and attack a sangha member is attacking buddha as in tibetan Buddhism a lama is seen as buddha . I am a student of a lama future layperson future nun.

• paskapaska Explorer

I know mods will see me as wrong and delete my account but I speak truth as a intermediate person in tibetan Buddhism

• lobsterlobster Veteran

… I am back I am sorry …

Me too.
    I am sorry for being sorry too.

Please forgive everyone. Me especially.

Gratitude!

Steve_Bpaska
  • paskapaska Explorer

My teacher in recording says poor you condescending on suffering meaning you suffer greatly yes but poor you we don’t wanna hear mass complainants because everybody suffers a lot lol

lobster
  • Steve_BSteve_B Veteran
    edited May 2021

paska, we are all explorers, that's why we are here. But we're not all beginners. Besides you, the other people on this thread (so far) joined NB in 2005, 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2018. In your threads that I've read so far, you have criticized your previous sangha, your fellow members here, the moderators, the president of the United States, and a significant portion of the American population who hold views different from yours.

One of the great things about an online forum like this its that we can all express viewpoints, and so each of us can read a wide variety of perspectives. That's how we learn from each other, and we're all richer for it. A view that's different from yours is a view you can learn from, an input that enriches you. It is not an attack; rather, it is a gift.

I'm glad you have chosen to explore Buddhism. I think it has much to offer you.

paskaJeroenhowNerida
  • paskapaska Explorer

I do understand that it’s interpretion of all tibetan Buddhism each has a interpretation and then theirs the original but I tell buddha would be on my side not for attacking but for being right.

Which President trump of Biden their both incompetent traitors either taken away rights because god says so uhm no his religion doesn’t say so or a weak president who promises things like lock up the traitor to transsexual rights hmm.

Hmm attacking members on this forum hmm no no I was attacked first and I blankly said this was against morals. I like to see every-bodies creditintials in Buddhism please. I am probably the only legal reliable source as a student in Buddhism let alone Tibetan Buddhism. If you are you say you are stop attacking me and start following buddha Pharisees. Get behind me satan.

lobster
  • Steve_BSteve_B Veteran

This is an online forum where we like to get together to discuss ideas. It is not an accredited academic institution where we present credentials to be accepted as professors. We aren't professors, we're online friends who share some common interests. and like to discuss a variety of viewpoints. We aren't particularly looking for legal reliable sources, we're looking for interesting ideas.

I can grow interesting plants, and I can show them to you. And I can admire yours. Neither of us needs a PhD in molecular botanical genetics for us both to enjoy the interchange. Down at the local nursery there are many many plants on display. I look at the ones I find interesting. Sometimes I take one home. Or maybe just remember the name and read about it later. But if there's plant there that I personally don't like, does that mean that the proprietor is an incompetent traitor?

It would be a shame to miss some good messages because of attention diverted to criticizing messengers.

• paskapaska Explorer

So the way I understand it your for certain people such as trans people to be denied rights. Hmm how un-buddhist. These plants you talk about are causing people a lot of strife. It is my understanding a leader of a country has the karma equivalent to buddha but how when these wheel emperors are causing more strife then a genocidel maniac. Hmm.

I rather create my bliss and other people’s bliss by being at peace with another not cut throat because we’re secular and god on both sides ordained it. So your a nazi sympthazer hmm you allow and ignore the poison plants to harm other beings hmm. All beings suffer even these incompetent wheel emperors they are not real wheel emperors and not buddha yet.

How can I associate with a Buddhist who doesn’t accept me , my people and my rights under the sun.

I do understand your talking about cultivating good rather bad but someone else will cultivate the bad plant and thus it’s on you and the sangha. I am responsible for the sangha behavior. But like a good teacher said is that thought still hanging with you. Well I can’t ignore the injustice I have to live with it and such it harms fellow students who aren’t paramount to it. Please tell me I am horrible wrong on my assumption and need to purify myself by a god flogging lol. Because if I misunderstood no biggie I move on andGrow. Goodbye all Or I love you guys please understand this fool can’t think straight but has a honest heart .

Shoshin1
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

You have a kind heart @paska, may you stay well, both mentally and physically, may you stay safe, both mentally and physically and may you be mindful of thought,(for thought itself is the thinker and at times will lead the mind astray) which may lead to unwholesome words and deeds...

paskalobster
  • paskapaska Explorer

Yes that was unwholesome but I understand it’s not my job to criticize others but again it’s my people my problem over a nonexistent ideology that some use and say it is but really is how they personally feel of say LGBT. I am no saint but I will not allow bad things to happen to the world and sangha includeing this one. May karma rain down on those who harm others

• paskapaska Explorer

I have a question to ask was I being rational again as I feel I need therapy just over the supposed attack and feeling theirs bad practice people in room.

I will strive to be a nun and clear away suffering that all people including other nonconformist dwell with but I am no cop , lawyer, therapist and priest right now. But as a future layperson and nun I have no business being instrument of karma!!!

• lobsterlobster Veteran

May karma rain down on those who harm others

But not you …
    or me …
    or anyone who does or does not practice ahimsa

When I am fit to practice wrathful vajrayana, I will.

Reign on … rein in … eh … Pour poor pooh pooh …

Normal service is now resumed

paska
  • paskapaska Explorer

I didn’t realize I was in my psychotic anger as it clouds my judgement. I will work on this. No I don’t realize anyone is a evil fascist lol it just karma . I should accept this. I am truly sorry I just want peace between cis people and transsexual people and transsexuals to have rights. We are women trans women as such we should be in women sports. Lol. Science and transsexuals we are more then xy just because we have male chromosomes doesn’t make us men. And my brother says politics is like poison.

lobsterBunksJeroenShoshin1
This discussion has been closed.