Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Magnolia Grove Online Retreat Question

JohnCobbJohnCobb Hot Springs Arkansas Explorer

Good evening all!
I've been in touch with Magnolia Grove and was informed about an online (and I guess in person as well) retreat happening next month. Can anyone tell me, from experience, how an online retreat works? I think it's 5 days long and I'll be working at least 2 of those days, plus I sleep during the day (I work a 12 hour night shift).
As always, any input is greatly appreciated! And as always, I bow to each of you! ❤️

Shoshin1

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I’ve done one, and it was a mixture of zoom calls for live dhamma talks and zoom meditation sessions. But I’ve also seem some come recommended that were video-based and could be done at your own pace and time convenience.

BunksJohnCobblobsterShoshin1
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

The most recent one I did you just did at your own pace.
    But you had to make a commitment to watch one dhamma video a day and fill out a form about your meditation experience each day

JohnCobbJeroenlobsterShoshin1
  • JohnCobbJohnCobb Hot Springs Arkansas Explorer

It makes sense to do it at your own pace. Just wasn't sure how it would work. Lol I've never done Zoom or any of that so this will be a learning experience on several levels 😂

BunksShoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited June 2021

If you’re doing it at your own pace there is less control over what you do and so more discipline is required. You need to clear a little space in your mind for these kind of things. Zoom meetings will require you to actually attend on schedule.

JohnCobbBunksShoshin1