Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Morning meditation

Before sitting this morning, a question arose. Though not focused on it, it also didn't pass but sat like an urn on a mantle - present only, and setting a fine example. As I ended my sitting, the answer to the question presented itself as both truth and punchline. I laughed and then searched my mind for someone to share it with who might also enjoy a laugh from it.. You all got (s)elected. The question was, "What am I lacking in this moment?" The answer? "Nothing" Spot on.

federicaKotishkaFosdicklobsterBunksSuraShineDavidShoshin1Dakini

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Perfect.

Thanks for sharing. This circular perfection is found in many forms, for example:

• A mantra is both a question and answer
    • A practice is a focussed relaxation (a tight loosening)
    • A koan is a question without an answer

So in this sense we laugh without the need for the joke

In the Vinaya or monastic rules, the Buddha made it clear that monks were not allowed to laugh so much that the teeth could be seen.

Que?
    https://soraj.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/laughter-and-buddhism/

:mrgreen:

yagrBunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Rich is he who wants for nothing…

Bunksyagr
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@yagr said:
    Before sitting this morning, a question arose. Though not focused on it, it also didn't pass but sat like an urn on a mantle - present only, and setting a fine example. As I ended my sitting, the answer to the question presented itself as both truth and punchline. I laughed and then searched my mind for someone to share it with who might also enjoy a laugh from it.. You all got (s)elected. The question was, "What am I lacking in this moment?" The answer? "Nothing" Spot on.

I like that. We already have the conditions to be at ease.

If I may, that description reminded me of lucid dreaming. Understanding the idea is to be more awake and aware is not lost on me here but how you shelved the question thereby creating a pause is how the realization that I am dreaming has been shelved whenever I lucid dream. I know but I don't know.

lobsteryagr
  • yagryagr Veteran

@コチシカ said:
    ""What am I lacking in this moment?" The answer? "Nothing" Spot on."

Yagrdharma.

You mind if I try to write this in Japanese? Really inspiring and refreshing.

Have a great day / night everyone.

Please do. :)

Kotishka