Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Speaking truth from the heart

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

Have you ever noticed what happens within yourself when you speak truth from the heart? I notice a change in my consciousness when that occurs, like my attention sharpens, I'm really in the moment, and its like the flow of words comes out in one piece, perfectly whole?

BunksJeffrey

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran

Not a bad description of a moving meditation.

Jeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It's like I speak from a different part of myself... almost like someone else is speaking. But it is accompanied by a deep sense of connection.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2021

@Kerome said:
    It's like I speak from a different part of myself... almost like someone else is speaking. But it is accompanied by a deep sense of connection.

Without appearing to be big headed, Some posts I have written in the past, strike me as "Did I write that? Wow, I didn't know I had it in me!"
    I did have one experience when teaching, that someone made comment during an interactive moment, and they said "You know, that's really stunning. That for me, was a lightbulb moment. You know, Fede, you make a difference. The impact of what you have just said, really is very profound."
    I honestly couldn't reply, I was so taken aback. Moreso, because others in the group agreed.

That sounds boastful.
    I don't know how else to tell you, but I don't mean to sound the big I-am....

JeroenlobsterBunksDavid
  • I've heard things like that from my teacher. I've recently listened to some teachings on self, non-self in Buddhism as it relates to what she is trying to express to us. It makes me want to further reflect so I have it in mind to express what I experience on this and compare it to what I'm hearing from her and from other people talking about their experiences with the heart. I do suspect that it can't all be nailed down in a theory but is more captured by "living truth" and other language. "Heart truth" perhaps.

lobsterDavidShoshin1