Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comment to section entitled "Buddhism and Other Religions"

edited March 2009 in NewBuddhist.com
Dear,
How are you doing, Brian. This is Frank. Your webboard is very nice, many features.
I'd like to give a bit comment on the "Buddhism and Other Religions" section. Would you think if it is appropreate to add " teachings " at the end of "Jesus and Buddha" topic? I believe one can really not make an absolute comparison between two shcool of thoughts, including thier philosophers. Someone might wrongly interpret the topic as who is right and who is wrong between Jesus and Buddha while both of them meant to teach us all to do good deeds in our lifetime.

Sincerely,

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited October 2004
    FiveAngels wrote:
    Dear,
    How are you doing, Brian. This is Frank. Your webboard is very nice, many features.
    I'd like to give a bit comment on the "Buddhism and Other Religions" section. Would you think if it is appropreate to add " teachings " at the end of "Jesus and Buddha" topic? I believe one can really not make an absolute comparison between two shcool of thoughts, including thier philosophers. Someone might wrongly interpret the topic as who is right and who is wrong between Jesus and Buddha while both of them meant to teach us all to do good deeds in our lifetime.

Sincerely,

Hi frank! Your old account merged over to the new site, so I merged your HiDRO account with this name, so your old posts are attributed to you :)

Thanks for the compliments.

The section isn't really about the teachings. I thought a lot about the title, and decided on "Jesus and Buddha" as a reminder that they were equally great men. I am also basing that on the fact that, as an american site, the majority of visitors to this site will be christian or come from a christian background, and so I feel that that section will be the most used one. Therefore, I wanted to make sure that christians didn't feel alienated or didn't feel as if I was saying "Jesus or Buddha".... I wanted to indicate a sense of brotherhood between christians and buddhists :)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Split discussion of Buddha & Jesus.
This discussion has been closed.