Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Does spiritual material always tell you what to do?

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

I’ve spent some years following the output of various spiritual teachers, and it seems to me they always end up telling you what to do in some way, even if it’s as simple as do nothing. After a while it really puts your mind under pressure, the pressure to always learn, to keep evolving, to keep following instructions.

Lately I have been feeling as if I need to spend some time just being, as if I’ve worked too hard on transforming myself and taking in more material would not be healthy for me. No more charging ahead for me, or pushing myself into directions I’m not naturally going. I’m just thinking perhaps I will be a bit bored.

howBunksShoshin1

Comments

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
    edited September 2021

There are influencers everywhere...some open others subliminal

Change is inevitable...Suffering optional

This too shall pass @Jeroen

Jeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Thanks @Shoshin1 it doesn’t happen often that I am overcome with feelings of unhappiness in mind and body, that I feel as if parts of what I feel is me are coming away from the rest. But yesterday that was the case, it was a really difficult day where there wasn’t a lot of happiness or good feeling to be found.

Shoshin1
  • TozanTozan Turkey Explorer

Daehaeng Kun Sunim became my teacher. Her letters gave me courage and taught me to entrust my Buddha nature. Her books are precious maps on my path.
    Thank to Seung Sahn and Daehaeng Kun Sunim I headed to Korean Buddhism and I trust those two Master's books.

Jeroen
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

finger, moon, star gazing. Sometimes, it is just as valuable an exercise to merely observe, rather than actively gaze.

howJeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It has passed… I’m back to feeling relatively happy in mind and body. I had a good little mini-holiday at my father’s place, we did a lot of walking in the dunes, it was good.