Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Food For Thought ..."Big Think"

Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
edited September 2021 in General Banter

Interesting....

"What will replace religion"

"It's really easy to forget....We're just monkeys with clothes...."

Feel free to comment and or share your food for thought 'short' (10 minutes or less) video clips...

Kotishka

Comments

• Is Reality real?

• I find these very interesting, I have friends who suffer from trauma flashbacks...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

• Food For Thought

Many find little nutrition in thought. Mostly it consumes us. So how best to think in a way that is beneficial to our being?

• resting in the body, becoming aware of tension, which consumes energy … and relaxing it. Yoga nidra is an example.
    • air as food, can be pranayama or chanting mantra. Energising? Must be food?
    • loosening tightened thinking. The more we constrict. Tighten, frighten, suffer. We use up our resources. Let it go …

How much of our diet is junk food/thought? News, bad, junk. Stimulants, entertainment, destructive distraction.

Food for thought? Maybe I'll just go for a brisk walk …
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_meditation

Shoshin1Jeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited September 2021

Well said @lobster…

Currently I seem to be enjoying a phase of disintegration, not from my own will but as something that comes. I don’t really understand it, but my ability to rest blissfully in the body seems to be disrupted.

My sensations of my body are restful, but around that I feel kind of rushing and tingling which tends to take over the touch sensation. It’s a bit weird, but it seems to be slowly falling apart.

• I notice @Jeroen has been cutting up dead bodies and storing them in the freezer, in another thread/dream sequence. :o Tsk, tsk don't try this at home … ;)

It is good to contemplate, follow a pattern of thought, as in these big thinkeries, kindly provided. However the body really does think, with noticeable neuron formations in the heart. So we may loosen the mind, yet the body has locked in anger, frustration, trauma, tension, pain, imbalance etc and can dream of well being as well as stocking up on human flesh … ;)

Here is a gentle potential solution that I have been using
    https://sinclairinternalarts.com/learn-online/videos/

edited September 2021

@lobster said:
    I notice @Jeroen has been cutting up dead bodies and storing them in the freezer, in another thread/dream sequence. :o Tsk, tsk don't try this at home … ;)

Yeah I don’t know what my subconscious is up to, I hope it’s not anything criminal… it’s one thing doing these things to fish, but a human body, that was quite shocking.

Here is a gentle potential solution that I have been using
    https://sinclairinternalarts.com/learn-online/videos/

Seems wholesome. Today I am off to the nearby airfield for a historical airplane tour…

Shoshin1
  • Everyday our sense doors are bombarded with billions of bits of data for processing...some of which are useful ....However....

Or for that matter.... what others think..

"Ehipassiko"

Seeing for oneself is like having a Big Think
    and when practice makes perfect we become our own shrink

lobster

@Shoshin1 said:
    Seeing for oneself is like having a Big Think
    and when practice makes perfect we become our own shrink

The very idea of having a ‘big think’ is a kind of invitation to expanding our minds, which is a good thing to do once in a while. It’s why I enjoy a decent science fiction novel from time to time.

I’m spending more time with my stepfather these days, and he is having more and more trouble with his memory and his mind. He is 85 now but slowly reaching the point where he could be considered to have dementia. It’s sad what happens when you cease to have the abilities that we take for granted.

Shoshin1Walker
  • Life find a way - or at least muddles along.

• Talking of 'Thought 4 food', amazed how food increases our well being.

Just been doing our online weekly food shop. We still have delivery as it only costs £1

Tend to concentrate on fruit and veg, organic and very little meat. Turkey sausages for example are mood enhancers. We use an air fryer for sweet potato chips. Brown rice and whole beans. Yum. We do not order many processed foods. We really like superfoods but for example kale was never popular, but spring cabbage gets eaten. Nearly as good and equally cheap.
    https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/tips-for-everyday-living/food-and-mood/about-food-and-mood/

• Respecting Beliefs... Why we should do no such thing

WalkerKotishkalobster