Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Small Part

As we know we have a small ripple to wave through …
The consequences (karma) of our being resonate and amplify.
What is your small part?

Mine:

• Look after those I can-can/dance with. Family, friends, vulnerables, virtuals, animals.
  • Greening. I have three trees. Two evergreens and one that a young fox has learned to climb.
  • Live frugal and simply. Lay Buddhist style.

What is your kind of effort?

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran

"What is your kind of effort?"
    Perhaps every moment offers a different answer for that but usually just....

Getting enough of myself out of the way to allow efforts that aid in suffering's cessation to be distinguishable from efforts that don't.

BunkslobsterRen_in_black
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Bunks said:
    Trying to be less reactionary……learn to sit quietly with everything that comes and goes.

That’s a good one @bunks, just let thoughts and emotions come and go without reacting.

lobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@lobster said:
    As we know we have a small ripple to wave through …
    The consequences (karma) of our being resonate and amplify.
    What is your small part?

Sometimes I do a little gardening, we have a particularly persistent weed that needs removing from the garden at regular intervals. At the moment I am involved in looking after everyone who is involved in my uncle Henk’s cremation service. I assist those I live with.

Now that I have had both vaccinations I am planning to go on a fitness tear, lots of visits to the gym. Need to lose some weight.

Bunksfedericalobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Kerome said: Now that I have had both vaccinations I am planning to go on a fitness tear, lots of visits to the gym. Need to lose some weight.

Carbs, My nemesis. One good meal with carbs and I bloat, and put on weight.
    Hopefully, Wim Hof is succeeding in his instructions to change my mindset.
    One breath at a time.

Bunkslobster
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited August 2021

I strive for skillful effort through mindfulness on a constant basis and find I fall short every now and again. And again.

I've been dropping things and habits and trying to replace them with healthy routine as per the Mindfulness Trainings and that is going well. One of my teachers asked me what made me finally join when I had years of book and personal practice and I didn't really have an answer right away.

After a few minutes I told her of all the deaths of loved ones and told her that my sister passed in September, I was sick and it was my birthday and I had a kind of epiphany while reading Interbeing by Thay and that made me find and join the Sangha. I told her that it seems that whenever someone I love passes on, my practice deepens. She laughed and said "Is that part of why you work with the elderly?" I said that I guess it is.

Bunkslobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited August 2021

I like the idea of effort, practice, commitment others have mentioned.

We can talk the walk but in reality we have to walk the talk … out!

Time for me to sit quietly and grow …

• Small efforts! Be humble and learn to say sorry and not feed any foolish fires like:

"Watch where ye goin' ye f*ckin' c***!!!!"
    "Thank you, good day!"
    ".....?!"

It helps to think of senior monastic figures in my case: Sariputta <3

• yagryagr Veteran

@Kerome said:
    >
    Sometimes I do a little gardening, we have a particularly persistent weed that needs removing from the garden at regular intervals.

Reminds me of a weed in a mind I know...some day I'll get the whole root.

• @コチシカ I tend not to think of seniors as fucking cunts but bodhi******!!!!

Oh you mean everyone is a Buddha and you are wrathful …

No … ?

oh

Thank you, good day!

Be kind to the Buddhas …

• Ah! Lobster, it was a dialogue between a wrathful driver and me trying to diffuse. I used to flip them off and almost got slammed by a Jeep. It was a good lesson though :D

Bunkslobster
  • Understood.
    In other news about wrathful driving ...
    Wikipedia will soon be compromised by its new CEO

... ah well it was good whilst it lasted ...

@lobster said:
    ... ah well it was good whilst it lasted

But this is terrible! Another fine upstanding beacon of moral certitude corrupted because the shareholders want to make money? At least Ecosia is still going.