Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Om...mmmmy goodness......!

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited November 2014

• LOL, for all us cowardly lions, liars and monster munchers (monsters taste of chicken tikka incidentally - with the right flavouring) . . . enjoyed the zombie tongue tale . . .

. . . the nerve . . . :lol: .

• I have just as much fun handing out candy as the children do receiving it. Complimenting them on their costumes. A good time for all.

lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

We turned all the lights off, and closed the door.
    We needn't have bothered. Apparently, nobody round here went round trick or treat-ing. I haven't seen a single skeleton, Jack o' Lantern, ghost, zombie or witch costumed child, adult or anything in between. No decorated houses, porches, front gardens or even shops, if I'm honest.

Just as well. We had no sweets or anything, to offer.

Roll on Bonfire Night.

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited October 2021

Digging out this old thread for today, some fun links for anyone who hasn't seen them yet.

OoOoOo Necro post!!! 💀👻

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

It's a day too late but better late than never :)

• Ah Death, All Saints Day, Zombies and Ghouls. Fun for all some. There I was contemplating how witches and other monstrous kids are wandering by. Seems a kids party opposite. Then our food delivery was overdue. Well it may have only been three minutes but it is ghoulashi …

Then … heard my brother in law was hit by a gremlin on Halloween. His car was struck by someone mistaking their accelerator for a brake. His airbags kicked in. No injuries but the car may be a write off. May the Buddhas protect us. We were planning to borrow the car today for a family trip. Ah well … Cest la vie Dukkha …

Any other tales of woe? Goodly Halloween?

Walker
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Bunks said:
    It's a day too late but better late than never :)

Says the man living in the future! That's super creepy.

WalkerBunks
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

When I was a lad we all ran wild, swarming the town until the wee hours, raking in the sweets and committing acts of mischief that would today land us in juvenile detention. Now I live in a dead zone and have not seen a trick-or-treater for at least 15 years. The whole neighborhood is like a graveyard - appropriate, I suppose, but not much fun. Guess I'll have to eat the candy myself.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

The only way I’ve been able to tell it’s Halloween has been the tv programming. There’ve been a lot of creepy movies.

@Jeroen said:
    The only way I’ve been able to tell it’s Halloween has been the tv programming. There’ve been a lot of creepy movies.

We had the luxury of being able to choose between either Nightmare on Elm Street, or The Addams Family. What a choice, talk about the frightening to the cor blimey!

• A group of 20 kids stormed the house. They threw one energy drink and half a spliff (lol). They all received a good selection of chocolate previous to their act.

I also watched "The New Daughter" and since then... I will make sure that there aren't any ancient mounds around the property.........

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@federica said:
    We had the luxury of being able to choose between either Nightmare on Elm Street, or The Addams Family. What a choice, talk about the frightening to the cor blimey!

We ended up watching Hotel Transylvania 3. At least it was animated and made for kids, which meant it suited my 72-year-old mother and 85-year-old stepfather rather better than Scream, which was on the other channel.

• Ghost stories 👻