Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Favourite Things …

I have too many favourite things. In fact more and more becomes in favour … (it's a Tantra benefit)

Do you love to hate Christmas?
@federica is trying to freeze herself via modified tumo. I personally am hoping to have a family sit down meal for Santas birthday.

I must say so many things are enjoyable when you relax beyond them …

Cue Neo Julie Andrews …
Happy Christmas!

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I always love Christmas… though I tend to celebrate it in miniature…

These I bring out every year and I put them on my windowsill.

But celebrating Christmas in the Netherlands is different, the gift giving is done at St Nicolaas on the 5th of December, and Christmas itself is more a religious holiday.

Walker
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

I am leaving for Edmonton today. Mrs Walker and her dad have a few more things to do here, and will come in a few days. He's going to spend a bit of time with us, including Christmas, and come back after New Year to get some things done around the place to get it ready for sale in the spring. They had both planned on moving back to Alberta, and now it will be just Dad.

Christmas will be different this year without Mum. The last difficult and hectic six or so weeks, we've kind of bonded as a trio. I'm hoping that we have a good Christmas together, enjoying each other's company and having good memories of past holidays.

JeroenfedericalobsterShoshin1
  • I'm baking ginger bread cookie people and having a decorating party today or tomorrow with Michelle and Mom.

Walkerlobster
  • Favorite things:
    Friends
    Family
    Fur Babies
    Nature
    Each new moment

lobsterWalker
  • I am happiest not celebrating commercial consumer xmas. However my tribe likes to pretend Satan Santa is real, like bugs bunny at Easter.

Here is Baby Jesus

• Hi Jeffrey,

Look forward to seeing those flying squirrel turned into gingerbread women …
    Sounds magical.

More favours:

• lights and darkness
    • yin, yang and gangham style
    • old hats
    • curry
    • air, I love breathing it

WalkerJeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Some of my favourite things…
    … the look of chilly mist out the window while I am drinking my coffee
    … bicycle rides through the forest
    … the quiet of the early mornings when I have accidentally awoken
    … cooking a meal from a recipe which I have not cooked before
    … the feeling of echoing silence in a deserted church

Walker
  • A few favorite things:
    Faking it on my uke
    being with my granddaughter
    Each new day
    Each new evening
    mug of coffee or chocolate
    Being alive

Peace to all

Walkerlobster

• Sunset on a Maine river...

WalkerlobsterJeroenShoshin1
  • I know it's not a material thing, but they can be pretty special.

lobster

Nice photo @shak

• Favourite Things …

Hmm These are a few of my favourite things..

• @Lionduck said:
    Favorite things:
    Friends
    Family
    Fur Babies
    Nature
    Each new moment

Ah ha!

• Each new moment, a present
    • Nature nurtures us, we may even be a part. Our best diet efforts involve fruit and veg unsynthesised. Ever done an apple meditation? Dharma to the core.
    • Pets. We have a pet robin … well wild pet. More feathery than furry …
    • Familiars and fiends … oops read that wrong … dharma family and friends. Good company

Many thanks @Lionduck 💗

BunksJeroenLionduck

My favourite things for today

• Showers, cleansing AND comforting
    • Birds in the backyard, so lively
    • Spiritual reading matter, to open the mind
    • My iPhone, for chatting to friends and family
    • The online sangha
    Bunks