Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thanksgiving

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran

Passing on a custom here before I head out. To gather with friends and family and share something you're thankful for.

Yesterday I became aware that three different people that I know will be spending this holiday alone. So I'm thankful for my family. I'm pretty introverted and would rather spend my time with myself, but being able to spend a day or two every once in a while with people that I know accept and care about me, someplace that I know I can turn when in need and that I can offer my love and support as well to is a valuable thing in my life.

WalkerlobsterKotishkaFosdickJeroenSteve_B

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I always thought that the American tradition of Thanksgiving was a good thing for all of us to adopt. To come together once a year to give thanks for all the good things in our lives sounds to me like an excellent idea.

Wish you a good holiday @person…

WalkerBunks
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving.

(even if you guys are six weeks late.)

lol

how
  • Happy Thanksgiving Person!

• Let us give Thanks:

• Thanks to all our members, <3 even those who are complete members (I think I might mean me again) :3
    • Thanks to the three jewels: Father, Sun and Holy Coast … oops wrong religion ;)
    • Thanks to the Tao
      https://www.energyarts.com/what-is-taoist-meditation/

• Thanks to those sharing their thanks

Thanks guys … what are you thankful for?

WalkerBunksJeroen
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

I'm thankful for family as @person has expressed.

Recent losses have driven that point home for me. I'm grateful for the time that I had with those now gone, and also grateful for the time that I will have with those still here.

lobsterBunksJeroen
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I’m thankful for my faith and my football!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Possibly becoming like Australia Day in this country....people starting to debate whether it's a reason to celebrate.

As with most things these days it seems to depend on your political allegiance :(

Jeroen
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I don't think anyone celebrates the holiday with the old fairy tales in mind. Its like how people get together for Christmas where it's about friends, family and the general spirit of giving rather than miracles or reindeer.

That said unfortunately the old stories aren't at the level of Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny yet.

BunksJeroen
  • Harvest festival, I likes it @Fosdick

Long live Mother Nature Nurture Gaia. Thank god Cod, I am not a monk, none or other fussy eater. I likes them Pagan onions and garlic …

• True Thanksgiving hasno single day. It is every day.
    True Thanksgiving is universal
    True Thanksgiving comes from the heart
    True Thanksgiving starts with the person in your mirror.

BunksWalkerlobster

Bravo @Lionduck <3

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Lionduck said:
    True Thanksgiving has no single day. It is every day.
    True Thanksgiving is universal
    True Thanksgiving comes from the heart
    True Thanksgiving starts with the person in your mirror.

I sometimes think of a practice as that which wakes us up to a thanksgiving of this present moment, when our heart/mind has otherwise been snoozing through the last one.

lobster
  • Thanksgiving is an excellent holiday to celebrate. Once a year we gather with family, for the simple pleasures of enjoying the company of people we love, reflecting on the many blessings we have, and all overeating together. We all participate in creating the feast. It's among our best traditions, and I have many years of warm fuzzy memories of Thanksgivings past.

This year we traveled to spend the holiday with my son in Oregon. It was great to see him.

WalkerJeroenpersonlobster
  • Just be good, appreciate your life, appreciate the moment. Just live.
    That is all.

Peace to all

lobster