Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy Humbug season

Are you in the mood?
Mistletoe … oops too dangerous … Parties and get togethers?

Just found sister and possibly partner will be coming for sprouts and stuffing. Getting a last grocery delivery today and about 11 items not available including mince pies. It is the end of the world. We will be on gruel shortly …

Stay safe everyone!

BunksWalkerKotishkaJeroenFosdick

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Our Christmas celebrations have taken a bit of a knock from covid, the country going into lockdown a week before has meant there is no last minute buying of presents and the plans of celebrating with my aunt Elly have been cancelled because she is so weak she has only had one covid shot so far.

It’s been a difficult year, two of my uncles have died and everyone feels their absence. On the plus side, well, I have been enjoying my photography. I think our Christmas at home will be modest, but we at least have a tree.

Wishing you all happy holidays.

WalkerBunksKotishkaFosdick
  • We will be having a small family dinner as usual. A feasty meal and isolated because lockdown and restrictions are looming over the horizon here in Spain.

Everyone stay safe... Meditate... And eat! With moderation...or not...

JeroenWalkerShoshin1lobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@federica said:
    Today (21st December) was The Winter Solstice - the shortest day - when the banishment of Darkness is celebrated, and the days begin to slowly, almost imperceptibly, grow longer... Mid-January will hear us saying "Huh, a month ago at this time, it was getting dark..." So however and whatever you wish to celebrate, Wassail, Have a wonderful Yuletide, hurrah Saturnalia, Happy Holidays and more familiarly - Merry Christmas.
    And may the Best of this year, be the worst, of the next!

It was also, of course, the Summer Solstice.

All the best my friends.

Walkerlobster
  • Everyone stay safe... Meditate... And eat! With moderation...or not...

Thanks everyone. Just as some celebrate one season, others are using different seasoning. The Buddhist humbugs are practicing austerity. The relaxed laity are more inclined to levity.

Every day, every sitting is a hollyday.

I knew that holy tree with its red berries would come in useful at least for the winter birds, who I have bought suet and seed baubles for. The animal realm benefits from our generosity, just as turkeys die for us …

The story of Scrooge is one of transfiguration. We might say:

• don't tighten, loosen
    • if losing it, focus (yes a type of tightening with getting tight)
    • HUM BUG!
    • OM YA HAHUM
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I saw that Blackadder’s Christmas Carol was on on several channels, I remember that as being a rather fun and different take on the Ebenezer Scrooge story.

Bunks