Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Our very own Yuletide Parade! Ho Ho Ho!!

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited December 2021 in General Banter

Ok folks, come one, come all! Give us your angle on (anti) Christmas cheer as practised in your household!

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2021

This is Christmas 2020... I'll post this year's later in the thread, by way of comparison. We're big on trees, in my family!

lobstermarcitkoWalkerShoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Well, what I did in years past was a kind of mini-Christmas… on a very modest scale… this was the 2018 edition on my windowsill.

marcitkoWalkerShoshin1
  • Great idea @Jeroen! I will buy a Christmas hat and put it on my Buddha statue together with a few items as you did :awesome:

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

The little figures were from a box of ornaments to hang in your Christmas tree, that’s why they all have a loop of thin cord attached. I think I got it as a present at some point.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited December 2021

Put my tree up a few days ago and told the kids to decorate it.

But they’ve avoided it so far for some reason.

They’re more excited about the new FNAF game coming out on Dec 16 I think.

Maybe my Xmas apathy is starting to rub off on them 😂

WalkerShoshin1JeroenKotishka
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Well, that's.... festive.... :lol:

Beautiful scrolls @bunks, very nice!

@Jeroen said:
    Beautiful scrolls @bunks, very nice!

Yes! My friend in China sent them to me

• That must be one of the most beautiful home shrines I've seen!

I will share my tree soon. It is a family custom that my sister puts it up and I do not wish to usurp that from her!

Bunks

My tree should be up by tomorrow evening. I'd like to keep it more simple, yet stylish. You panel of unofficial judges can decide if I achieve my aim...

Bunks

We wouldn’t dare to judge, fede. At most we might make modest suggestions.

Shoshin1BunksfedericaKotishka

...Is the right answer....

Shoshin1Bunks

WalkerBunks

That’s a pretty nice Christmas tree, is it real or artificial?

It's artificial. I prefer to leave real ones in the ground...

howBunksJeroenWalker

She’s a beauty….