Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Help in Time of Need

Hello everyone. I'm wondering if there is a volume of the Buddha's teachings either laid out or indexed in the style of the Gideon's bible. IIRC there was a section at the back entitled "Help in Time of Need", where you'd find references to relevant verses if you were feeling sad, dealing with a particular issue in life, and so on. See here...https://gideons.ie/read%20the%20bible/helps.html

I have "In the Buddha's Words"; and it does have an index and is laid out by theme, but that's more from a study perspective rather than a self-help perspective. I guess I'm looking for something I can keep next to my mat for some brief inspirational reading before sitting, that I could turn to when dealing with a particular problem.

Thanks.

Shoshin1Bunks

Comments