Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Good food

2»

Comments

• KotishkaKotishka Veteran
    edited April 2021

@Choephal said:
    Very nice. Just a note...garlic is only a problem in some Buddhist schools. Others, including most Vajrayana schools, use it by the ton! 🙂👍

What is it with root vegetables? I didn't eat garlic and onion during my "Hare period", apparently because "they are not sattvic foods."

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I love garlic and onions...

• howhow Veteran Veteran

Many monastics in the Zen tradition are advised to shy away from them because they were believed to "heat" the blood and make celibacy a harder vow to adhere to.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited April 2021

It isn't much but I love my salads. This one has carrots and the carrot greens, red and green onions, cucumbers, yellow peppers, rainbow chard (leaf), spinach, cilantro microgreens, ambrosia apple and vegan cheese. I'll use a ranch dressing. The other is just seasoned rice, broccoli and corn.

I get a local veggie bin delivered once every 2 weeks and I am very pleased with them. Plus, the bin gets picked up and replaced.

Hmm. The picture won't load.

Guess you'll have to take my word for it, lol.

JeffreylobsterShoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Yesterday I had some glorious cooked organic beetroot, it was succulent and juicy and rather purple. It doesn’t have to be fried to be tasty.

• I remember years ago when visiting a vegetarian cafe Amsterdam, I had roasted beetroot...

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited April 2021

From a recent fantasy series I have been binge watching:

Ethan: Do you believe in God?
    Sambene: I believe in everything.

So I don't have to see to believe, rather I believe everything to see …

It isn't much but I love my salads.

I love your salads.

Sambene Lobster (yum)

Something for the vegans? Drop pasta.
    http://veganfeastkitchen.blogspot.com/2009/03/make-your-own-yummy-whole-grain-drop.html

The swiss version is called knopfli … and we have the technology
    https://www.littlezurichkitchen.ch/knopfli-homemade-swiss-pasta/

FleaMarket
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Hostas are edible. All of them. Nutrients a-plenty. Who knew - !?

• Lightly toasted slices of shepherd's bread with cream cheese and soft avocado sprinkled with lemon pepper seasoning. This + a black hot coffee or tea and maybe some yogurt and my morning meal is beautiful.

Bunkslobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@FleaMarket - sounds delicious! I can't go past a peanut butter and banana sandwich for breakfast these days :)

FleaMarket
  • I get a local veggie bin delivered once every 2 weeks and I am very pleased with them. Plus, the bin gets picked up and replaced.

Hmm. The picture won't load.

I believe! Food changes our mind. Just as lack of it does (see Buddha life examples).

@FleaMarket said:
    Lightly toasted slices of shepherd's bread with cream cheese and soft avocado sprinkled with lemon pepper seasoning. This + a black hot coffee or tea and maybe some yogurt and my morning meal is beautiful.

Yum - Yab-Yum!
    http://kitchentantras.com/2010/06/