Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What did you let go of today?

FleaMarketFleaMarket Veteran
edited February 2022 in Mindfulness

I am personally getting too wrapped up in forward progress and frustrated over perceived lack of it.
It is easy to forget to be grateful and to ignore progress made.
One way I provide myself kindness is by acknowledging active work of letting go.

Today, even if just for today, I let go of the obsession to comprehend reality better and faster than anyone else.
Today, even if just for today, I allow myself to simply seek to comprehend and respond to reality as I naturally do in my own imperfect way in this moment.

Bunks

Comments

• ShanJieshi2ShanJieshi2 bahia blanca Veteran

I am pleasantly surprised about how I can let people go when the relationship has no more event horizon.
    It gives me a lot of peace of mind and if your mind is calm then other more auspicious situations arise.

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I am the same @ShanJieshi2 . Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me haha.

ShanJieshi2
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Learning to let go of the need for each day to go as I think it should has been a battle for me. The curse of the perfectionist :(

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited February 2022

Today, I let go of my goals to work again at the same level as I had done before my episode of voice hearing ten years ago. It’s been a long road of recovery, but I think I am going to have to acknowledge that my levels of concentration and focus and ability to learn on the job are not going to be that high again. I am going to have to set my sights at something more achievable, or perhaps let go of career goals altogether.

BunksShoshin1FleaMarket