Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What spirituality has brought

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

Today I am taking a breather from learning. Instead I am reflecting on what spirituality has changed in my life.

The practice has quietened my mind, I am not usually filled with thoughts when external stimulus is absent anymore. Some things cause thought to erupt in me, a good documentary or an article. So perhaps I am less lively, less full of impulses. But this seems like a good thing, one doesn’t need to be so full of turmoil. Be at peace, seems to be the advice.

The dharma has given me important pointers to modify my behaviour. The guidance to the Kalama’s and the advice to Prince Abhaya on right speech will live long in the memory, and have proved to be core to how I approach people and knowledge in general. Taking opportunities to deepen my understanding of the Four Noble Truths has helped, as has looking for ways to increase letting go when there is clinging.

The teachers I am still learning to appreciate. When looking at Thich Nhat Hanh on video, or Ajahn Chah, I don’t really get a sense of them. I know them through their words, not in a personal way. Whether that means that I have learnt from them without becoming their follower, I am not sure.

BunksShoshin1FleaMarket

Comments

• What spirituality has brought

There are many things I'm starting to experience on the Spiritual Path but one which comes to mind is Patience....

Thus have I heard..."Good things take time...Come to those who wait" ....

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Speaking of spirituality, the new retreat centre is slowly taking shape at Newbury. Sadhu 🙏❤️
    Ajahn Brahm has arrived to give his blessing

Shoshin1