Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Newbury Buddhist Monastery

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Newbury Buddhist Monastery (NBM) is a forest monastery in Victoria, Australia.
It is one of the few Theravada monasteries in the world that supports both Bhikkhu and Bhikkhuni ordination.
The spiritual adviser is Ajahn Brahm who trained under Ajahn Chah in Thailand.
https://nbm.org.au/about/

SuraShine

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

This week Ajahn Brahm came to stay and visit the new retreat centre being built at NBM.

Shoshin1Fosdick
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It always makes me feel happy inside to see people building communities devoted to spiritual advancement. Although that begs the question what exactly is spiritual advancement.

Bunksrocala

That’s a whole new thread I think @Jeroen

Jeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Several! A whole cloth of new threads!

Bunks

Good morning from a chilly Newbury! Back here for five days 🙏🏻

Morning chores and Dana.

Shoshin1FleaMarketJeroen
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

May your five days be full of mindful moments @Bunks

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

enjoyed the jain prayer to the smoke gods @Bunks … think that is what was happening … maybe they were burning a vajrayanist heretic …

have a great time <3

BunksScottPen

Enjoy your time with the monks Bunks!

Bunks
  • Be safe, be well, and enjoy @Bunks

Bunks
    edited May 2022

The Sangha Meditation Hall and a friendly little Fox

https://youtube.com/shorts/YCenwri7u48?feature=share

Shoshin1JeroenFleaMarketlobster
  • SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

May your stay be amazing _ /\ _

Bunksmarcitko
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Many of us @Bunks have noticed animals behave differently, where they are treated differently.

Be kind. Pass it on!

Bunks

This is true @lobster

I think the kangaroos still need some convincing though.

https://youtube.com/shorts/d0EtJ_-6BOA?feature=share

lobsterSuraShine

Belated Vesak Day celebrations yesterday with Ajahn Brahm. Beautiful sunny day for his visit.

lobsterFleaMarketShoshin1Kotishka

A short bio of all the monks ordained by Ajahn Brahm at Bhodinyana in Perth, WA

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2022

wonderful bios
    … all so different

I wonder if any are on the internet to advise wayward lobsters? I need a lot of advice on Nothing …

Bunks

Off to stay at Newbury again this weekend. Hopefully get some quiet time for relaxation and meditation.

lobster

I hope it does you good @bunks, I love seeing the photo’s of the monastery.

Bunks

I feel very blessed to have this place as my sanctuary.
    The Palace of Peace 🙏🙏🙏
    We are just discussing going on pilgrimage together to India in December 2024. Sounds like it’s going to happen.

JeroenlobsterShoshin1

Pilgrimage? What places are you thinking of visiting? And is it going to be walking or by vehicles, India is a big country…

@Jeroen said:
    Pilgrimage? What places are you thinking of visiting? And is it going to be walking or by vehicles, India is a big country…

It will only be about two to three weeks so we will stick to the north east of India. Definitely Bodhgaya but not sure where else.

Shoshin1