Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Café avec Bouddha

ShanJieshi2ShanJieshi2 bahia blanca Veteran

Bahia Blanca, Argentina

lobsterJeffreyJeroenKotishkaBunksVimalajātiShoshin1Lionduck

Comments

• VimalajātiVimalajāti Whitby, Ontario Veteran
    edited March 2022

I don't know what I'm offended more by: the Buddhic cultural appropriation or the lack of an accent aigu on "éclair." A macron isn't an acute. Also, an ampersand isn't an E. Total fail.

I kid. I'm sure it was a fine cup of tea. Also I'm fine with it.

personJeroenShoshin1Lionduck
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

So what was actually in the packet named “ēclair”? One assumes it wasn’t an éclair.

This is an éclair, for those close to France.

Lionduck
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2022

Oh my goodness, people are so fernicketty over spelling and grammar!
    My kind of people! Yay, hurrah!! 😆 😆

LionducklobsterBunksJeroen
  • I'll have two of those, coffee and a huge sugar overload. =)

BunksJeroen
  • ShanJieshi2ShanJieshi2 bahia blanca Veteran

Argentina is eternally torn between honouring its European heritage or rushing to Miami at the first opportunity.
    In this case it's just a bar in the city centre that exaggerates its Frenchness.
    And the Buddha? oh that was me! I passed by a shop that sells bijou supplies and I always buy something to leave somewhere... Eventually someone finds it.

A very strange thing is that I opened the sugar bag by mistake...and it didn't sweeten at all!
    I figured that because I didn't use sugar, I should have noticed it.

Vimalajāti

but by far our folkloric icon, spread all over the country and at every moment is the mate.
    A tremendous companion and a ritual among friends that remains intact.
    Ideal before and after practice.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Maaaaaaaaattttteeee…..you’d fit in well in Australia 🇦🇺

Science has proved it: drinking mate causes a feeling of pleasure and happiness.

Bunks