Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Taoism

ShanYin37ShanYin37 Ontario, Canada Explorer

I feel like I tried my best to follow the eightfold path, and am leaning towards studying it a bit more so I can feel better and stop the pain (suffering) I am experiencing. It's hard to keep the eightfold path in mind.

I am also interested in Taoism. Is anyone here a Taoist? There is a "Taoist" Tai Chi centre close to my home that I want to go to when it re-opens if we ever get past Covid situation

BunksJeroenlobsterShoshin1

Comments

• I may be a toast … oh Taoist … Zen is a combination of Buddhism and Taoism, maybe I could do that.

Tai Chi is good for your health. I have done a lot of that.
    Start doing Qi Ong, see how you get on.

BunksFleaMarket
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Its funny, I recently got a Taoist book called the Wunengzi. I’ve been into Tao recently as well, but I found that a lot of talk of Taoism quickly diverges into sinology, the study of China. Tao is a difficult subject, because it is so conjoined with the natural pattern of the world that once you understand it a little there is not very much to say about it.

• ShanJieshi2ShanJieshi2 bahia blanca Veteran

I have done my studies on the Dao. Intense subject and it takes years

• "Follow your nature and accord with the Tao;
    Saunter along and stop worrying.
    If your thoughts are tied you spoil what is genuine...
    Don't be antagonistic to the world of the senses,
    For when you are not antagonistic to it,
    It turns out to be the same as complete Awakening.
    The wise person does not strive ( wu-wei);
    The ignorant man ties himself up...
    If you work on your mind with your mind,
    How can you avoid an immense confusion?"

Or in a nutshell (already cracked open)

The perfect Tao is without difficulty,
    Save that it avoids picking and choosing.

~Seng-ts'an~ (from Treatise on Faith in the Mind)

According to Mr Watts (The Way of Zen) the above poem is the first clear and comprehensive statement of Zen...

I think we all dabble in Taoism....some more than others....

Bunkslobsterrocala
  • ShanYin37ShanYin37 Ontario, Canada Explorer

I have that book. I also recently bought the I Ching but I haven't read it yet.

Shoshin1