Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Park is mine

ShanJieshi2ShanJieshi2 bahia blanca Veteran

is the title of an old movie from the 80s.
But now it will have a more charitable purpose.
I am going to use this place for small autumn meetings and eventually short zazen sessions...
Autumn is coming

FosdickBunksShoshin1lobster33_3

Comments

• a lovely park. A wonderful place for a serene gathering.
    though your school differs from mine, I pray you come closer to that which you seek while in this park.

Peace to you

ShanJieshi2
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Bravo 👏 @ShanJieshi2 <3

ShanJieshi2
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited March 2022

A great location @ShanJieshi2 hope all will go well there, and you won’t suffer from over-zealous park guardians, persnickety wildlife, or polluting habits of local teens.

BunksShanJieshi2Kotishka
  • A beautiful setting for a Dharma group @ShanJieshi2

BunksShanJieshi2
  • The Park is mine

I was in my local common (a sort of park for commoners) this morning, when I came across this sign. Yes it is a lobster claw glove. I am sure it means Nothing … O.o

and now back to the zazen parking

BunksShoshin1
  • ShanJieshi2ShanJieshi2 bahia blanca Veteran

The Secret Symbol of the Magenta Lobster is one of the highest Tantra practices. Very top top top

Bunkslobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@lobster said:

The Park is mine

I was in my local common (a sort of park for commoners) this morning, when I came across this sign. Yes it is a lobster claw glove. I am sure it means Nothing … O.o

and now back to the zazen parking

I think it's a warning @lobster .....

lobsterShoshin1
  • I think it's a warning @lobster .....

Beware low flying cycles? Will be careful …
    I wonder if @how will be moving his zen zoomery outdoors? I no longer attend as the structured timing is too rigid for my requirements.

Maybe treeleaf have an outdoor branch …
    https://www.treeleaf.org/

It is traditional to wear black for zenning.
    I is reddied …

BunksFleaMarket
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

@Lobster

I tried some outdoor park zazen sittings in the early 70's but everyone felt a bit too much like they were a live performance art piece. Too many folks would come over and stand awkwardly close trying to figure out what we were doing and whether to ask about it or not. The most interesting thing I remembered about it was my surprise at feeling the ground shake from runners passing by on a path that was 70 feet away.
    Group sitting indoors just feels a little less like a conversational invite or an advertisement or preachy. Each to their own.

We old duffers continue to sit inside, twice a day on zoom but somedays it reminds me of an assisted living place where the residents are supposed to hang something on their outdoor doorknob early every morning just to show security that they are still in the land of the living.

Cheers H

BunksShoshin1lobsterKotishka
  • Tee Hee @how ard, zen 'ard that is.

As some of us know sufis are described as 'dead' by their dervish friends when they have mostly killed their egos. Mistaking this teaching I am watching zombie movies for tips.

It is quite literally a dead end. ;)

Bunks

in Buenos Aires the monk Tamauchi did some zazen sessions in the streets...it is not particularly to my liking. it is a certain unnecessary exhibitionism?

howlobster

Happy Autumn to those of us who live in this part of the world.
    The best time of the year to undertake these activities that motivate us to more.
    Then Winter will come and then we will retreat indoors.

-38.69446681721193, -62.26641681685703

Shoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

What more can you wish for? @Lobster can give you the transmission of the Magenta Lobster Claw, the perfect blessing for your park. All you need now are some signs requiring dogs to be leashed in the general area…

Autumn has arrived...
    a beautiful season to start practising again in the open air places, now more clear of people.
    As well as other places I have available.
    After the intense summer, the mind clears and can evaluate other proposals, while the sunlight becomes golden and peaceful.
    everything in its proper place and harmoniously.

The site is so favourable that it has only a small bridge to access it.
    I can put up a sign, a warning not to cross and that's it.

Shoshin1

the Magenta Lobster Claw is called to be the most elite sect of the Fourth Turning of the Wheel.

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
    edited March 2022

@ShanJieshi2 said:
    in Buenos Aires the monk Tamauchi did some zazen sessions in the streets...it is not particularly to my liking. it is a certain unnecessary exhibitionism?

Due to Covid, instead of holding the group at my place, over the summer our island sangha group have been having "Buddhism on the beach"... A member will read a passage from a Dharma book and we discuss it or someone may talk about their experience and how they applied their Dharma practice to the situation...After which we meditation between 10 to 20 minutes...with the sound of the waves, wind, seabirds and insects in the background

During the warm evenings there are lots of people walking on the beach, they pay us no mind (Zen pun intended ;) ) occasionally some may look at the group of us sitting in a social distance circle listening to one of the members read...
    Some no doubt may wonder what's going on, especially during our meditation where we are sitting still and silent...

No doubt there would be a reason as to why the monk held the meditation there on the street, perhaps it was a lesson of sorts...

I guess it also depends on how one views the practice of meditation, some see it as an any place, any time practice, while other may prefer some quite out of the way place...

Bearing in mind that at times what we do can be beneficial in some way for onlookers perhaps a reminder to slow down

• Bearing in mind that at times what we do can be beneficial in some way for onlookers perhaps a reminder to slow down

We are all exhibits of our inner nature. Individually or collectively. I tend to meditate on my own, even when in a crowded dharma meeting … wait I think we all do. =)

We have to own our being alone or individually staged on The Bath Path. Our societies/communities are mostly noisy/busy/occupied. We are moving towards:

• Self awareness
    • Self responsibility
    • Self fulfilment

Self, self, self … it is all about me. I knew it! 🦞

eh think I gone wrong again

marcitko

“Therefore, Ananda, be islands unto yourselves, refuges unto yourselves, seeking no external refuge; with the Dhamma as your island, the Dhamma as your refuge, seeking no other refuge.”

Maha-parinibbana Sutta (DN 16)

Kotishkalobster