Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How to breath?

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited January 2022 in Faith & Religion

Now that yoga is mainstream …
https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/28/i-thought-yoga-was-soulless-and-overwhelming-now-i-need-it-16001721/
… and I am practicing mindful breathing whilst walking …

I had started by breathing only nasally but am now using in through nose and out through mouth.
When doing yoga, I find alternate nostril breathing calming.
https://newbuddhist.com/discussion/26762/the-buddha-yoga-body/p1
If doing martial moves, I do sequences on the out-breath for as long as comfortable.
During meditation, I aim for silencing and smoothing the breath.

Do ya breath? How Well?

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Eat when hungry, sleep when tired… breathe continuously.

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Breathe or breath? 🤔

FleaMarket
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I do breath-ing. Just to be different.

• Yes breathe. Sorry … and breathe out …

FleaMarket
    edited January 2022

But seriously, breathing meditation has been really helpful to me. I often still do the vipassana, which is watching a spot about 5 cm below the navel move in and out in time with the breath. That one often seems to help me get calmer.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I think you could use either in these circumstances

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited January 2022

Where a free person, in a prison of their own imagination, suffers,
    another person, subject to real imprisonment, might be free of suffering's cause?

Where the inbreath cycles with the outbreath, a human existence is possible.
    Where that cycling stops, so does that life.
    The human condition sees this as part of the proof of it's own individual specialness.
    Some transcendence of this self wrought specialness though can sometimes offer an alternative view of the breathing cycle as simply being another sandbox where the micro & the macro get to play together.
    Here, the breathing needs only to be left unleashed from our deliberate intents.

BunksShoshin1FleaMarket
  • The natural breath or ordinary breath that @how describes is used in Tai Chi and is an ideal. However not being ideal means we can can utilise primary tools such as breath to modify our awareness.

how
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited April 2022

No breath and know breath …
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anapanasati

• lobsterFleaMarketBunks