Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Good news

BunksBunks Australia Veteran
edited March 2022 in General Banter

A thread for any good news stories you may like to share.

It can be personal or something you’ve heard or found elsewhere.

Despite what the mainstream media feed us, the world can truly be a beautiful and joyous place.

This story made me smile <3

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-26/shayla-phillips-survival-odds-in-heavy-bush/100940434

Shoshin1marcitkolobster

Comments

• I realized this week that we have successfully navigated the Winter and are on track to Summer. Also, today the clocks have moved forward in Croatia - longer days. Great success!

A wonderful website: https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

KotishkaBunkslobster
  • Good news. What a great thread/service/idea.

Pick your own …
    https://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news

Bunks
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

JeroenBunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

My son loves this YouTube channel @person. We recently bought the book Immune which was written by the narrator if I’m not mistaken. A good read

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

"It's great to be here.
    Hey, it's great to be anywhere...!"

Keith Richards.

I second the motion.

BunkslobsterShoshin1SuraShine
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
    edited April 2022

Well just as I arrived back from my morning jolk I saw my landlord who told me his ex who also lives on the property has just tested positive for Covid, he and my immediate neighbour have been testing themselves daily and so far have not tested positive...

I let my landlord know that if they need any help with getting food etc, I can get them help through work...

Since the beginning of the pandemic we have been social distancing when interacting and we don't go into each others homes...So there's minimal chance of me catching it from them, mind you. I have more chance of catching it at work where we interact with both vaxxed and unvaxxed clients face to face, however we do all wear masks and social distance...

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Shoshin1 said:
    Well just as I arrived back from my morning jolk I saw my landlord who told me his ex who also lives on the property has just tested positive for Covid, he and my immediate neighbour have been testing themselves daily and so far have not tested positive...

I let my landlord know that if they need any help with getting food etc, I can get them help through work...

Since the beginning of the pandemic we have been social distancing when interacting and we don't go into each others homes...So there's minimal chance of me catching it from them, mind you. I have more chance of catching it at work where we interact with both vaxxed and unvaxxed clients face to face, however we do all wear masks and social distance...

I’m trying to find the good news in this post ? Perhaps the fact you don’t have Covid? =)

• good news @Bunks

Morning jolk :+1:
    3 people not having covid :+1:
    Opportunity to help x 2 :+1:
    Minimal chance of getting covidied :+1:

Here to help :+1:

Meanwhile … https://www.optimistdaily.com/

Bunksmarcitko
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Generally news is a pretty non random anecdotal sampling of the worst things that are happening, while positive things are often non events, like a city wasn't terror attacked today, and progress often happens slowly and incrementally. Looking to data to see how things have improved is generally a better indicator of the good. For example extreme poverty is continually declining.

Bunks
  • @Bunks said:

@Shoshin1 said:

I’m trying to find the good news in this post ? Perhaps the fact you don’t have Covid? =)

Oops sorry @Bunks, I was wondering where my post disappeared to...I thought I had posted it in the Covid threat...I have just looked at the Covid thread and couldn't see my post, so posted another one...

I guess you're right the good news is no Covid symptoms... :)

lobsterJeroenBunksKotishka
  • The good news is this:

The Real Sangha, good Christians, helpful people exist as the majority.
    We can and do increase this capacity, tendency and sukha karmic direction.

https://www.budsas.org/ebud/whatbudbeliev/143.htm

Bunksperson
  • @SuraShine

Yeah! :) Good news made personal. Great news!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Listen up people: We're upright, breathing and above ground. That in itself is a wonderful thing.

We can appreciate even the smallest things in life, like our newly-mown grass being scoured over by the birds looking for tasty morsels, or the fact that my super little doggie brings me so much joy... He's a scamp, and He's such a good companion.

Life is sweet, if we can occasionally just sit, with a cup of tea, and breathe in.... and out.

lobsterBunksShoshin1

Lovely photos, Bunks! Happy New Year!

Bunkslobster
  • saw a 2ft dead carp in my local pond
    Which is good news for any red kites, one reported flying overhead
    or possibly any terrapins who are needing a springtime snack

FleaMarket

Wonder what killed it. Those things can get HUGE, (1.2 metres) and weigh a ton... Some have been known to live over 30 years...

lobster
  • I think it may have been a climate activist … the local birds were in mourning, very sombre …

• Good news: we're back to the 5th Century BC!

Bunks