Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Give

As we know generosity is good karma. So before I give details of my Swiss Bank account for voluntary fish donations …
might be an idea to mention Freecycle, Freegle and Trash Nothing app.
I had an electric bike to give away today. Lot of interest … and gone.
https://help.trashnothing.com/

What would you give away … and why not … ? sangha do with a lot less …

howShoshin1

Comments

• When I was living in Cambridge (UK) I was very happy to have found Freecycle. It's especially useful for communities with such a high turnaround of people. I got a radio with a cd player, a bike, and maybe some more items. I (think; hope :) I gave them away after I left.

lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@lobster said:
    As we know generosity is good karma. So before I give details of my Swiss Bank account for voluntary fish donations …
    might be an idea to mention Freecycle, Freegle and Trash Nothing app.
    I had an electric bike to give away today. Lot of interest … and gone.
    https://help.trashnothing.com/

What would you give away … and why not … ? sangha do with a lot less …

I have a lot of kitchen accessories I no longer use, and would be happy to advertise same for anyone who might make good use of them. I also gave away quite a lot if plant cuttings recently, to some grateful happy gardeners!

lobster
  • At the moment it is ram-a-damn, an Islamist and Islamic festivity of giving hunger to god by only eating at night. Peeps sure are strange. Mentioning no names, except my own.

Allah Akbah as we Buddhists say … oops … no I think we say Hari Dharma or Harry Windsor. :dizzy:

As consumptionists we have a lot of consumer junk. Feel good, do good. Give it to charity, sangha or the kneady bread-makers …

• I will not give away my compassion, my mercy, my trust. I will share them freely until or unless they are abused. They are mine ti share, to extend freely. But, they are not mine to surrender, to abandon, to give away. I will give away my anger, my fear, my mistrust. I have no need for them as they are useless dead weights dragging me, if allowed, into the sea of great suffering. It is not that I will not be angry or fearful or doubtful. It s that I do not hold onto such feelings. I quickly cast them aside, release them back into the dark sea. As regards people themselves, a politician-philosopher of 19th Century Japan who's name escapes me stated, "Do not hate the person, hate the action".

Peace to all

Shoshin1lobsterKotishkaFleaMarket
  • One person's meat is another person's poison

With every breath we are giving away carbon dioxide to plant life in need and they are kind enough to provide us with the oxygen they don't need....

We all have something to give each others...

I guess this means we are all givers & receivers ....

BTW I have a bag full of things to donate/give to one of the local op shops...

lobsterFleaMarket
  • Generosity through existence, exactly so. @Lionduck expressed it well.

Lionduck
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@lobster said:
    At the moment it is ram-a-damn, an Islamist and Islamic festivity of giving hunger to god by only eating at night. Peeps sure are strange. Mentioning no names, except my own.

Most muslims will eat and hydrate pre dawn as well as at night.

lobsterLionduck
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Dharma is a curse if held too tight and too loose and lost …

Few of us have sufficient dharma/understanding to give.
    Better be kind in every way including sideways … meanwhile …
    send your bad karma to:
    Lobster hell realm giveaway. Nothing refused. o:)

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@lobster said:
    Dharma is a curse if held too tight and too loose and lost …

Few of us have sufficient dharma/understanding to give.
    Better be kind in every way including sideways … meanwhile …
    send your bad karma to:
    Lobster hell realm giveaway. Nothing refused. o:)

A lot is gained by just living in a relaxed way… many things cease to be important, like careers, status, how other people view you… I would suggest make room in your life for relaxation, and you will find a lot of stress just flows away from you.

lobsterJeffrey