Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Moments

“We live our lives based on the assumption that we directly perceive, and are accurately interpreting, objects with a fair amount of accuracy. Since we naturally assume that we are apprehending objects of cognition as best as possible, it does not occur to us that we are purposely twisting the object before our eyes to fit our own convenience.”
― Tagawa Shun'ei

BUM!

… you mean we can trust the moment but not the mind/perception/projection?

So what I wonder is this moment of attention/awareness/still?

Well maybe I could discuss my distortion (me again) or recommend tactics:

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited May 2022

I liken meditation to a development of an off-leash area for all my sense gates where they can be offered some freedom from an ego's/mind control phobias. Here in the off-leash areas of our practices, sense gate data can come & go, relatively free of our own identities overtly habituated control issues. In such a practice, each fleeting moment can be trusted to be completely actionable, compared to all the other moments which are theoretical.

FleaMarketlobsterShoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Is it worth trying to untangle the mind? Perhaps as the Zenniths say we should rest in the no-mind, and from there arrive at perceptions undistorted by mind’s interpretations.

FleaMarkethowlobster
  • @lobster said:
    So what I wonder is this

Just this

...and it's gone again

Practice practice practice quackquackquack

• lobsterlobster Veteran

As we may know Howard the Duck was and is a superhero from another dimension.

Today wearing my wrathful skull mala was able to visit Isabella plantation for consultation with my favoured ducks …

My dementia injured ducky managed to push her own wheel chair.

… talking of birds heard an apex raven imitating a woodpecker pecking … my sister heard it but was convinced it was a real woodpecker …

OM MANI PEME HUM (as a little bird told me)

FleaMarket
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

Moments

So what I wonder is this moment of attention/awareness/still?

A moment full of events which more often than not go unnoticed...

"Every moment is a moment of events and no moment passes by without an event!
    One can not notice a moment without noticing events taking place in that moment...Therefore the moment one tries to pay bare attention to, is the present moment..."

lobster
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

@lobster
    … talking of birds heard an apex raven imitating a woodpecker pecking … my sister heard it but was convinced it was a real woodpecker …

That's interesting.
    In watching different groups of Ravens playing in the North on our Coastal kayak expeditions it has not been uncommon to hear one solo Raven out of the group sound like a woodpecker pecking but it always seemed to stay in character and use those vocalized sounds like it was its preferred day to day method of communication.

lobsterDavid
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

They do it well being mimics @how

Maybe they got hit on the head by a Woody … or …

Like other corvids, the common raven can mimic sounds from their environment, including human speech. Non-vocal sounds produced by the common raven include wing whistles and bill snapping. Clapping or clicking has been observed more often in females than in males. If a member of a pair is lost, its mate reproduces the calls of its lost partner to encourage its return.

• wikipedia
    FleaMarkethowDavidShoshin1