Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhist related or inspired art

Started this category in order to put these:

https://tinyurl.com/2g5hwlnc

I'm really tickled but the buddha image incorporating modern imagery such as the polka dot underwear surrounded by cultural images.

I'm really jealous of the enso but love the energy

JeroenFleaMarketlobsterBunksrocalaShoshin1

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Some good stuff there @Jeffrey — a nice find.

• Very interesting. I thought Bill Viola's piece “Catherine’s Room” was just a picture at first but it's more of a performance when I looked it up.

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited May 2022

Thanks @Jeffrey

Everyone is an expression or piece of dharma. So I thought maybe modify one of my photos artistically … each of us has an art form: music, dance, poetry, painting, photography etc … maybe some will share …

JeffreyKotishkarocala
  • rocalarocala Explorer

I had never heard of Rima Fujita but I am a confirmed fan now. Thank you Jeffrey, a great post.

• ToshTosh Veteran

Isn't all art kinda 'Buddhist related' as in you're mindful when creating it?

I understand Buddhism doesn't own 'mindfulness', but one of the reasons I love photography is that you're very much in the present moment when I'm doing it.

I know by taking a camera for a walk that I'll be more present during the walk and really 'look' at what's around me.

Jeffreyrocala
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited July 2022

There is in Japan a Shingon temple dedicated to artists. This is the Boddhisattva Mango Manga Jizou