Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

Comments

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

Yes there are a few locals who appreciate the opportunity to swim all year round... Sadly it is paradise lost for some locals who are struggling and can't see the water for their tears...They are surrounded by the beautiful of what Mother Nature has on offer, the ocean, the bush walks the wild life etc, but their minds are weighed down/clouded by worrying thoughts...

BunksKotishka

Well this morning's jolk was an overcast wet one (it's pouring down as I write this)...Thunder storms during the night, strong winds and choppy seas...
    It was high tide so couldn't jolk along the beach....Heard a chopper close by hovering over the bay...

It was moving from bay to bay, and it looked like the crew were searching for something...possibly a boatie in destress...

Bunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It seems like you have considerably more rain in autumn and winter @Shoshin1, but it is good for the plants, crops and vegetation in general. The last couple of years we have had very dry springs here, the farmers are praying for more rain.

• KotishkaKotishka Veteran

@Shoshin1

Ah...so true. When I become overweighed by worry and this semi-poisonous taste of "excelling to become the best" I like to stare at the blue yonder / ocean. Suddenly, all those worries vanish....

And then...The Empire Strikes Back!

BunksShoshin1

@Jeroen said:
    It seems like you have considerably more rain in autumn and winter @Shoshin1, but it is good for the plants, crops and vegetation in general. The last couple of years we have had very dry springs here, the farmers are praying for more rain.

Here on the island @Jeroen most islanders are on tank water, so for the most part when it rains heavily they are happy...

@Kotishka said:
    Ah...so true. When I become overweighed by worry and this semi-poisonous taste of "excelling to become the best" I like to stare at the blue yonder / ocean. Suddenly, all those worries vanish....

Sadly @Kotishka for many of those people who can't see the water for their tears, their mind has become charmed by its own thoughts and they are lost in the mind's projection of either unpleasant past events or what could happen in the future...

And as Sadhguru would say..."Both are imagination....There is no fear in the NOW"...

FleaMarket
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I had a dream… my body energy was burning… and when i woke, my body literally felt like it was burning! This lasted several seconds and then it faded.

BunksShoshin1
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Beautiful pics @lobster <3

• Beautiful winter's morning...Nice sunrise through the clouds...(well it was actually quite warm and humid, and it's been raining on and off throughout the day )

Bunks
    edited June 2022

Well it turns out since the beginning of January 2021 I have jolked approximately 2,700 kms, with around 700 of those backwards...Started out doing 6km a day for 6 days and 3 kms for 1 day (in August I started to do 3 of the 6 backwards) then the end of January 2022 dropped to 5km a day (doing 2km backwards), and since the beginning of April I've reduced it to 4km a day ( 1km backwards)...Which means if I could jolk on water I would have reached Melbourne by now.... Auckland to Melbourne 2,624 kms ;);)

BunkslobsterFleaMarketKotishka

Outstanding @Shoshin1 <3

Shoshin1
  • Thanks @Bunks ....A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step...( or in my case 1677.702 miles)

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

I'm welcome @yagr
    … most of us are … as long as our intentions are nibble … eh noble/pure/good

In dharma 'Mind' includes emotion … and much more. Our sphere of experience, body, projected and interpreted, instinctual reactions, subconscious motivations, speech and sensory awareness, intuition/gut feeling etc. All 'Mind'.

Never mind is where we are headed or rather 'be' headed.

<3

BunksyagrShoshin1
  • yagryagr Veteran

@lobster said:
    I'm welcome @yagr

Yes, we are. ;)

In dharma 'Mind' includes emotion … and much more. Our sphere of experience, body, projected and interpreted, instinctual reactions, subconscious motivations, speech and sensory awareness, intuition/gut feeling etc. All 'Mind'.

It's okay, we don't mind. Well, certainly less than we used to.

lobster
  • It was quite dark when I left for this morning's jolk

...but quite warm and humid...

Bunkslobster
  • This morning's sunrise...

Jeroen
  • Passing through the micro climate on the way to the beach..

It was quite muddy, so I had to be mindful of where and how I stepped...

No mud , no lotus...

lobster

Thanks @lobster and @Shoshin1 for sharing pics and videos. I always enjoy seeing life through the eyes of others 🙏🏻❤️

Shoshin1lobster
    edited June 2022

That's nice to hear @Bunks... <3

No matter where one lives, (the countryside, the suburbs, inner city, close to mountains or the ocean) there's always something of interest/beauty close by (sunrise sunset, the moon, the buildings, the wildlife, nature etc etc)...if one is present...

Bunkslobster
  • The ocean is beautiful. Just a few pesky hills and mountains blocking the view.

Shoshin1Bunkslobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2022

"Wiv a ladder an' sum glasses,
    We could see to 'ackney Marshes
    If it wossn't fer the 'ouses in between!"

BunksShoshin1
  • This morning's ocean colour turquoise ...

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Another fine day of praising Amitabha …

Drove with siblings and wheelchaired mother to Emmets Garden National Trust grounds.
    Wildlife meadows, kind staff, tea and cake, Surrey Hills, little traffic, Sun, two sage plants for home garden yumming, blue badge parking, bees and butterflies, summer humming

… so many good things.

Oh sure mother threw up just when dukkha was forgotten as we arrived home.
    Sukkha is Dukkha as AMITABHA reminded …

Over the horizon and far away there are rainbows. Be a rainbow and …
    Over the horizon and far away is … [did you guess] here now …

Small Tortoiseshell

Shoshin1FosdickBunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

With all the world's wonders, sometimes, a little corner of England, delights and suffices...

FosdickShoshin1lobster

@federica said:
    With all the world's wonders, sometimes, a little corner of England, delights and suffices...

I love the English country side! Having grown up in an environment that’s generally more brown than green, it’s such a refreshing change

lobsterShoshin1
  • Beautiful sunrise breaking through the cloud cover...

It's a new dawn, its a new day, it's a new life..

Bunkslobster
  • Well I took a trip over to Auckland today to get some Grangers waterproofer for one of my jackets and to call into "The Fono" Medical and Dental centre to register, so I can see one of their dentists before I travel overseas...

On the way over the Capitan of the ferry told us a pod of dolphins were swimming by on the port side .... I was sitting starboard side so missed seeing them...

Bunks
  • Beautiful moon this morning as I was leaving the property

..and sunrise on the beach...

FosdickBunks
  • Well I went into Auckland yesterday morning for my dental appointment...I ended up have a tooth extracted, a molar second to last top right, I have another appointment for next Wednesday and may need to have another molar extracted ( opposite side) ...

This morning was a cool one...around 8/9C first thing, but clear blue skies...

Fosdick

Are these photos a beach in Auckland @Shoshin1 ?

• @Bunks said:
    Are these photos a beach in Auckland @Shoshin1 ?

No @Bunks , it's the same beach on the island I normally jolk along Oneroa...

Bunks

That seems rather drastic. My left leg is quite dear to me, but then its still in good functioning order.

Well of course it's drastic. But I have lived with a damn, clumsy, rigid, painful calliper for 10 years. The other 3 options given to me are completely unworkable and totally unacceptable. So I'm actually going for the preferable option.

Are you going to get a mechanical foot? Like in the Terminator movies?

Alternatively you could sport a piratical peg-leg.

lobster

lobsterShoshin1BunksKotishka
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2022

Oh dark humour … funny …

Great suggestions from @Jeroen.
    … meanwhile some of us may send positive vibes in the usual way … <3
    https://relaxlikeaboss.com/buddhist-mantra-for-healing/

• lobsterlobster Veteran

This morning my cheap and tiny greenhouse collapsed. Broken plants and seedlings everywhere. Couple of smashed pots. Beautiful African daisy, which had four lovely large red blooms - broken.

Dukkha it!

To my utter surprise instead of the usual expletives. I accepted the situation and tidied.

I would like to think it is my excellent, committed practice. o:)

Nope!

I get angry over nothing/trivia. >:) A real disaster is when I become calm … [lobster shrugs shoulders]

edited June 2022

I feel for the greenhouse, @lobster

I too have had a gardening related disaster. A couple of years back there was a surplus of pear tree saplings here, and you could pick them up for free, three per person. So we did, and got some rather mangy looking sticks which we planted. One of them survived, and I’ve been carefully nurturing it, thinking of all the juicy pears it would yield. I quite like pears you see. So I was pleasantly surprised when it started growing its first fruits this year.

Except that they turned out to be apples. Drat. Disappointed again. I do not like apples nearly so much.

Thunder and lighting and rain in the middle of the night after a day with 32 degree temperatures.

Bunks
    edited June 2022

Yesterday Aotearoa celebrated Matariki (Maori New Year) This year it became a public/national holiday (thanks to the Jacinda's Labour government who continue to put into practice what they preach "Egalitarianism" )
    Early this morning I could see the moon, Venus and down to the left was Matariki..

...unfortunately Matariki didn't show up in the video...

Big storm last night...

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

I do not like apples nearly so much.

Especially eating apples, taste almost like pears - if cooked.

Maybe grow another tree … eat buddha pears …
    https://www.instructables.com/how-to-make-Buddha-shape-pears/
    OM MANY PEAR ME YUM!

@lobster said:
    Maybe grow another tree …

Thats what I was thinking, you can buy a pear tree for just 25 euro’s at the local gardening centre. I may get a cherry tree as well.

Bunks
  • On this morning's jolk I spied a group of swimmers braving the cold water...

...and I braved my cold water shower when I got home...

Bunks

@Shoshin1 said:
    On this morning's jolk I spied a group of swimmers braving the cold water...

...and I braved my cold water shower when I got home...

Cold-water showers are fab, but there's something perfect about braving the outdoors, and having a dip in the open waters... if with fellow swimmers, it creates an amazing sense of camaraderie... once you meet a fellow braveheart, you're pals for life!

BunksShoshin1

I just listened to a podcast between Sam Harris and Michael Pollan, about Pollan’s new book How to Free Your Mind: The New Science of Psychedelics. Very interesting, and I might get the book.

BunksShoshin1FleaMarket