Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What music are you listening to?

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

For some reason i have been enjoying this blast from the past…

Bunks
  • Sent this today …

I believe …
    Chant is Pali
    Iconography is Hindu influenced
    Singer is a Moslem, singing in Sinhalese?

Buddha is in there somewhere …

BunksShoshin1
  • FleaMarket
  • And now something a bit more upbeat.........

Bunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

• VimalajātiVimalajāti Whitby, Ontario Veteran

KotishkaFleaMarket
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Had one of those experiences of thinking about this song this morning out of the blue then going to the shops and it gets played......

Shoshin1
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
    edited April 2022

Yes it's Your Move... Don't surround yourself with yourself

FleaMarket
  • Life is like a dream, things are not quite what they seem...

• KotishkaKotishka Veteran
    edited April 2022

Ukrainian rap that sings about missing home and the family. Quite happy to hear some rap that isn't saturated with references to sex, getting money, being high times 1,000.

FleaMarket
  • FleaMarket
  • @Kotishka's Much better than mine today

edited April 2022

@FleaMarket

While the piano can seem a bit more sophisticated, a swarm of hungry monkeys is a true spectacle of nature's music. But I can imagine a poor fella walking back home across that street with a bag full of nice bananas......

• FleaMarketFleaMarket Veteran
    edited April 2022

@Kotishka said:
    But I can imagine a poor fella walking back home across that street with a bag full of nice bananas......

My poor friends and family. :anguished:

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

This is interesting

FleaMarketShoshin1
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

Also

FleaMarket
    edited May 2022

Shoshin1
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Currently VERY taken with George Ezra, a really lovely young chap, extremely talented. He suffers from 'Pure OCD' and anxiety... but his songs are lovely...
    These are the titles to some of his Best-known songs... DO look them up...

Budapest
    Shotgun
    Blame it on me
    Listen to the Man (watch the video on YT with a surprise guest!) See below...
    And his latest - Green green grass!

FleaMarketKotishka
  • @federica This first one was delightful.

federica
  • nakazcidnakazcid Somewhere in Dixie, y'all Veteran

@federica Didn't know Gandalf could sing so well. Of course it makes sense since Saruman was a metalhead...

Kotishka
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2022

@FleaMarket said:
    @federica This first one was delightful.

He's good, isn't he? :D

edited May 2022

"The last thing I'll ever do - is follow you"

Shakyamuni: Hmm.......

One million rounds of rebirth!

FleaMarket
  • A soft smile.

Jason

Spirited Away is such a wonderful movie…

Jason
  • @Jeroen said:
    Spirited Away is such a wonderful movie…

Indeed. I believe I saw it my first year in High School and it's been a gift that keeps giving ever since. Many of this studio's works have been quite moving for me.

By Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli for those who are interested. I had a chance to visit a museum putting on a dedication to the studio and the man and saw just how much effort and attention went into every single frame and musical score. It brings about a whole new appreciation. These guys really had a passion and it shows.

Kotishka

"Give a little bit"

FleaMarket

FleaMarket
  • @Kotishka said:

Excellent track.

FleaMarket
    edited May 2022

Groovin' to this today.

EDIT: Bonus track

One of my all time favourites from one of my all time favourites

Love the lyrics and the tune…

edited May 2022

Cockney Rebel "Mr Soft"

Or this version

• Many songs probably already heard but combined into a nice 7 hour mix I can't get enough of when I'm not actively reading stuff.

KotishkalobsterShoshin1
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited May 2022

‘hello silence my olde friend …’
    Lyrics by Bodhi Garfunkel and Simple Simon

FleaMarket

Midnight madness

FleaMarket

Johnny Jordaan, typically Dutch…

• VimalajātiVimalajāti Whitby, Ontario Veteran

• lobsterlobster Veteran

What music are you listening to?

There I was humming along to my favourite mantras when I realised music is made as well as listened to.

Time for jam?

OM MA NI PA D ME HUMMMMMMM …

• Jeroen

Chillstep huh, it seems kinda ok.

FleaMarket
  • @Jeroen said:
    Chillstep huh, it seems kinda ok.

Music always begs me to feel ways about things. Chillstep with thoughtful or positive messages usually strikes me in a more beneficial way than other options. If I'm going to muddy my present moment silent mindfulness with some emotional ear-dessert, this genre is probably my first choice. Less earworms for me too.

Back in the time around 2005-2010 I was quite into electronic dance music, this is not so different but a lot calmer. But you’re right music is an emotional medium, you can see it in movie music as well.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran