Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Zen is good for nothing

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

I came across this video and found it exceptionally clear…

Worth a chat…

KotishkalobsterShoshin1

Comments

• Thank you!

Perception vs sensation is an interesting topic. Instead of becoming excessively involved/ entwined with the perception just allow the sensation operate freely without any further work. This can result in a great peace. So simple, yet so hard.

Funny enough -following his example of sound and the birds- the sound is the trigger to mental proliferation. In my case, I get distracted with the cars passing by and then this leads to DJ Mind to put some nice mental vinyls...

But to call zazen is good for nothing? I consider it good for well-being and the cultivation of a healthy life.

Jeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I think it’s a joke, good for no-thing and also just sitting is good for nothing, lol.

Yes it’s very difficult to accept sound as just sensation, without becoming engrossed in the mental processing, examining what-is this sound.

• howhow Veteran Veteran

Zen is good for nothing....reminds me of

One of the older (oft-repeated) stories of a Zen abbot's answer when giving a tour of his monastery to an important governing official who asked when the monks meditate in the meditation hall. The Zen master's answer was "Whenever they have nothing better to do".

The karmic life consequences that arise from a meditator choosing to not meditate, are often more profoundly notable, than the no-thing readily found everywhere, when one is routinely meditating.
    Here, Zen is simply good for no-thing.

lobsterJeffreyShoshin1Jeroen