Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My favourite things …

When the dog bites, when the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

I remember …

• Snowdrops on rainbows and magick maidens
  • Food, best thing to eat … allegedly
  • Bee's and beings
  • Meeadows

your favs?

VastmindShoshin1

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited June 2022

Dancing……road trips to visit all kinds of museums….flip flops…..swimming…flower arranging….street tacos….talking to my house plants….live music…day naps…smell of a sweet candle and musicals, of course.

Thanks. 😉

Shoshin1lobster
  • My favourite things …

Mudita = Sympathetic joy...

VastmindlobsterKotishkamarcitko
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Lizards, snakes, birds, and large, showy and/or bizarre insects.

Shoshin1Vastmind
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

My favourite things

Books, everything from Alexandre Dumas to Iain Banks
    Science fiction, in all kinds of forms
    Computers, especially Apple Macs
    My iPhone
    Fruit trees
    Cats
    My bed
    Coffee
    Showers
    The sound of a thunderstorm
    Clouds
    Pottery
    … many more things beside

Its always a good way to cheer yourself up, thinking of the things you love.

Vastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Opening my eyes, in the morning.
    Breathing.

It's not much, but everything else that follows, is a bonus.

Vastmind
  • @Fosdick said:
    Lizards, snakes, birds, and large, showy and/or bizarre insects.

All good.
    Diverse joys.

I liked @Shoshin1 answer. If you have mudita then you widen your empathic joy.

I'll join.

Initially we must temper our search for positive joy with discipline. Not only can we increase our positive but also we can widen our immunity/attachment to unskilful and hurtful behaviour patterns …

• KotishkaKotishka Veteran
    edited August 2022

I like to wake up early and after my meditation just observe the quietness and the sky and how slowly the Sun begins to illuminate the entire area.

I also like to cook breakfast for my partner and make sure the house is clean and feed all the animals.

And one thing I miss from Germany was the sound of rain and thunderstorms. We have little of 'em two here.

lobster
  • Favorite things:
    Friends & Family
    Trust
    Honesty
    Compassion
    Peace
    Love
    Life
    A sense of humor

Oh there is more, but that is a good start.

Peace to all

Vastmind
  • Great lists everyone <3
    Real, abstract and:

• Gratitude, thankful for that
    • Trees in the wind, how they sing
    • The dark, allowing our quiet shine
    • The more that @Lionduck mentions, hope manifests endlessly
    • Fruit, water, dancing answers

Eh ma ho (how wonderful)

Lionduck
  • Hmm at least for the moment...

Investigation
    Exploration
    Path least traveled
    Games
    Techno
    Observing change
    Clarity
    The Internet
    Strategy/Tactics
    Collaboration
    My self

Lionduck
  • "It is very important to go out alone, to sit under a tree—not with a book, not with a companion, but by yourself—and observe the falling of a leaf, hear the lapping of the water, the fishermen’s song, watch the flight of a bird, and of your own thoughts as they chase each other across the space of your mind. If you are able to be alone and watch these things, then you will discover extraordinary riches which no government can tax, no human agency can corrupt, and which can never be destroyed."
    -- Jiddu Krishnamurti

FleaMarketJeroenlobsterVastmind
  • As some of you may be aware, I gain all my limited knowledge from TV, movies and talking to trees (When they are in the mood for conversation) …

So there I was watching 'She Hulk, Attorney at Law' when I heard of a secular mindfulness based therapy …

Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectical_behavior_therapy

There may be hope for me yetB)

Vastmind
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

My favorite things….. lemon cake with black tea…..nicely wrapped gifts….sound of seagulls and saltwater…refrigerator magnets and chip clips.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

My favourite not-things… freedom, truth, insight. Beyond the mind… relaxation, leela (play), well-being.

lobster
  • lemon cake with black tea

The body of christ buddha as we ex-devotees say …
    I believe it was Marie Antoinette who advocated cake/brioche as sacrament before she was crucifried guillotined. What a Gal!

I believe we have the basis for a new religion based on cake and favourite things.

I'll join <3

JeroenVastmind
  • @Kotishka said:.

And one thing I miss from Germany was the sound of rain and thunderstorms. We have little of 'em two here.

Maybe you can find a live webcam …
    https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/

Loads of soundscape and videos of rain and thunderstorms
    … maybe an indoor water feature …

B)

edited August 2022

@lobster said:

@Kotishka said:.

Loads of soundscape and videos of rain and thunderstorms

There are certainly plenty of good youtube video’s of rainstorms with or without thunder, they are very relaxing to go to sleep with.

• Also...how could I forget...one of my favourite... A venerable and ancient creature.... the hedgehog!

I found this one during my morning walk. A male hoglet.

lobsterJeroen
  • DimmesdaleDimmesdale Illinois Explorer

Waking up in the morning and affirming myself deeply.... Being intentional and living with purpose as soon as I arise, so that the rest of the day is vivified with that intentionality....

• Waking up in the morning and affirming myself deeply

… seems like a plan …

I AM ASLEEP and have No-self … or is it, I am not AWAKE and no-self EXISTS …

… zzz …

Homemade grape juice from back garden grapes… slightly sour but just exploding with vitamins and wholesome goodness. Healthiness in a glass!

lobsterKotishka
  • @Vastmind said:
    Dancing……

Thanks. 😉

Ah ha … some great tips.