Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What music are you listening to?

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Kotishka
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Shoshin1lobster
  • Shoshin1
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

• Back in my japa meditation days I would listen to this on my way to work. Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare...

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited September 2022

Jimmy Buffet and Bob Marley. What else would one listen too while laying on the beach in the gulf shores? 🏖

Shoshin1
  • Slightly explicit

Shoshin1

A compilation of the most popular music circulating the Sahara desert on the unofficial network of cellphones -- where mp3s are stored, played, and traded in very literal peer to peer bluetooth transfers. The contemporary West African sound from the new school of DIY production with little or no commercial release outside of their locales, from spaced out Tuareg Autotune, Ivorian Club Jams, Mauritanian Synth, and Malian Hip Hop electro. Collected from memory cards by and released on cassette, the vinyl comes after a years plus of tracking down the composers.

Jason
  • @Jeroen said:
    A compilation of the most popular music circulating the Sahara desert on the unofficial network of cellphones -- where mp3s are stored, played, and traded in very literal peer to peer bluetooth transfers. The contemporary West African sound from the new school of DIY production with little or no commercial release outside of their locales, from spaced out Tuareg Autotune, Ivorian Club Jams, Mauritanian Synth, and Malian Hip Hop electro. Collected from memory cards by and released on cassette, the vinyl comes after a years plus of tracking down the composers.

This might come handy when I meet my friend Ibrahim for a session..

edited September 2022

@Kotishka said:
    This might come handy when I meet my friend Ibrahim for a session..

It’s pretty unusual I thought. The link is to a playlist, it’s nine tracks in total, though the embedded player defaults to playing the first track you can get at the full list of tracks through the controls, or you can get at the original link when you quote…

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

Listening to some Coolio. RIP.

KotishkaJeroen
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
    edited October 2022

Jazzie Smith

• If you change the way you look at things...the things you look at change....

lobster
  • 20 long years...

• Aotearoa

lobster
  • @Jeroen said:

The start gives it all away: "this is going to be amazing"

Jeroen

@Kotishka said:
    The start gives it all away: "this is going to be amazing"

Baden Powell is amazing on guitar. I have a friend, who is one of Holland’s best flamenco guitarists, and he turned me onto Baden Powell.

Kotishka
  • Ah memories of the 70s
    The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot

Kraftwerk Autobahn

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

KotishkaJeffrey

Nils Frahm — World of Squares

• All around my hat...Steeleye Span

• Peter Sarstedt - Where Do You Go To My Lovely

• VimalajātiVimalajāti Whitby, Ontario Veteran

"Just the right cheese" is "the highest of all arts."

FleaMarket

@Vimalajāti said:
    "Just the right cheese" is "the highest of all arts."

Yes but they were Belgian, not Dutch. And Belgian cheese is not as good as Dutch cheese.

lobsterShoshin1Kotishka
  • … edam, eden and Adam

CHEESY!

my favourite music is silence
    I hear it now

and now back to the Noise Abatement Society … eh … musac

lobster
  • We're on the path to nowhere

• iz nina simone compulsory listening … maybe she should be.

magic! @Jeroen

Meanwhile another monk …

Kotishka

Sister Rosetta Tharpe, early pioneer of rock, with “a voice as big as a church and lungs as powerful as the Holy Spirit.”

Kotishka
  • "Jazz ruined my life."

• I used to tell people Björk is my spirit animal. I still do.
    Björk is my spirit animal.

Jeffrey