Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Interesting stuff...

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

Thanks Federica. I like my carbs so much though. And interestingly I think 2013 my therapist relayed a study of correlation between rationing of wheat and other gluten sources during the Second World War. They found a correlation between restriction of wheat and gluten consumption and admission of patients with psychosis. I actually went gluten free for half a year. Not sure how much it helped, but it helped enough that that was the year I met my life partner. I eventually went back to eating gluten and wheat. I just like the taste of bread etc so much. I'm pretty stable on meds but have had relapses and dosage adjustments from time to time.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Well in a choice between "I love my carbs" and "This can improve my mental health, quality of life and might even reduce my meds and have a beneficial effect on my well-being" I know which one makes more sense to me.

Just saying.

Do you for one moment imagine that members of the community enjoying a keto/carnivore lifestyle dislike carbs/sugars/bread/pasta/pizzas/fries?

Nearly every single person I know that has undertaken a carbivore/ketovore lifestyle has had to battle and push through an addiction to carbs/sugars.
    Sugars are 12 times more addictive than heroin.
    No wonder the USA - and the UK - are suffering a massive increase in overweight people, which also bring several life-changing (even life-THREATENING) conditions to their doctors.
    All of which keep the pharma companies extremely happy, because a healed patient stops being a money source.

And this, is bordering on the completely, irrationally and breathtakingly insane:

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Talking of nutrition …

As we know not everyone eats only food.

• much of our damaging diet/consumption is truly mental, emotional baggage, karmic fat deposits
    • Eat less (it is more) - I like fruit snacks and violent bubblegum media
    • Never think you should eat stone set rulz

Let her/hymn whois prefect cast the first stone
    be kind to yourself but not a slave to the shadow selves

More food as available …
    https://5th-precept.org/hungry-ghost-retreats/

🦞

JeroenLionduck
  • Oh those food charts!
    But Honey Nut Cheerios ahead of my treasured cheddar cheese?
    OH MY! O.o;)

lobsterKotishka
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited October 2022

Most of us are lay Buddhists.

Open to temptation such as [insert devil realm food etc]. But …

… We can prostrate to our cravings, for they are our masters and should go on our shrine.