Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Funny Stuff

Comments

• KotishkaKotishka Veteran

• @how reminded me of one of my default dream-states. lol

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I think we need a "confused" button :)

FleaMarket
  • @Bunks said:

I didn't do a good job explaining. I was reminded of how much of my suffering is self inflicted illusion I'm welcome to stop. Maybe even more relevant to me the second time around.

Steve_B
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2022

@Bunks said:

Mod Note:

No, this is a thread for funny jokes and cartoons. This isn't a thread for personal angst and things which aren't really jokes or funnies...

Keep to side-splitting hilarious contributions, thanks!

BunksFleaMarket
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I heard two one-liner insults. The first made me smile wryly....

"Well, I'd love to agree with you but, then we'd BOTH be wrong..."

...And the second one made me laugh out loud, and be desperate for ANY occasion to use it!
    "It looks like your face caught on fire and someone tried to put it out with a hammer."

FleaMarket
  • Bunks
  • I took a sound meditation class once. We were instructed to lay down on our yoga mats, relax and close our eyes. The instructor had a box of noise making instruments and items, drums, gongs, feathers, cymbals, wood blocks, fans, shells, a fishing pole thing, and proceeded to use them.

All the noises were very nice and peasant creating a gentle relaxing atmosphere except one. This one noise was downright terrifying. Sort of a repetitive squeaky shrieking. Afterward I approached her and asked about the terrifying noise maker she used and thanked her as it helped reveal some difficult mental formations which I could then address. She said she had no idea what I was talking about. When I described the noise to her she said something to the effect of "Oh, that's this broken one here. I broke it a few classes ago and haven't fixed it yet."

federicaShoshin1
  • LionduckLionduck Veteran

Want your ankles to be teething toys?
    Want your socks, shoes, papers chewed up and shredded?
    Want daily doody duty?
    Want a loyal companion?
    Get a puppy!

BunkslobsterKotishkaShoshin1

@Lionduck said:
    Want your ankles to be teething toys?
    Want your socks, shoes, papers chewed up and shredded?
    Want daily doody duty?
    Want a loyal companion?
    Get a * baby! *

.... No, you're right. Get a puppy!!

BunksLionduck
  • personlobsterKotishka
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

howShoshin1FleaMarket
  • Rdiculously bad joke time:
    Overheard somewhere:
    Be good. If you can't be good, just what are you? A poitician?
    It has been said that politicians are the ones making the laws that then apply to
    everyone...except politicians.

lobsterShoshin1Kotishka
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

What time Friday? I mean all day or a set period, like between 2 and 4?

Bunks
  • BunksmarcitkoKotishkaLionduck

@person said:
    What time Friday? I mean all day or a set period, like between 2 and 4?

Is that am or pm?

Jeroenperson
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

And surely a really precision-minded person would be using the 24 hour clock.

• Vastmind
  • Does anyone here remember the British comedian Tommy Cooper ?

Lionduck
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Yeah I remember him well, although my humour tended more towards Monty Python.

Oh I remember Tommy Cooper; my husband met him. He could drink anyone under the table. And (not wanting to be a party pooper, but) I watched him literally die, on stage.

His great friend, Jimmy Tarbuck was compering the show, and had to go on stage to introduce the next act, all the while knowing his very good friend was lying behind the curtain, and was dead.
    But I knew, as I watched him slowly collapse, that it wasn't part of the act... and I was sadly, right.

lobsterShoshin1

Dieing while you do what you love, thats not given to everyone.

• "Would the owner of the seven limos parked in front of the executive entrance please move them. You are blocking the owner of the seven limos waiting to enter."
    A commonly used term during a certain former Secretary of State's tenure.
    Which turned out to be preferable to a certain former head of state proclaiming,
    "There were good people on both sides."
    meanwhile the pidgins took great pleasure in targeting the newly aqired Hummer.

[Note: If this make sense, report to your nearest psych ward immediately..you need help]

Steve_B

I rang them. The minute I spoke, they put the phone down.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

As we all know, humour is a serious business.
    Funny thing that.

As we know many of our 'leaders' in all realms are comical … and ignorant of the fact.

A monk asked Zhaozhou, “What is that which is spiritual?”
    The Master replied, “A puddle of piss in the Pure Land [of Amitabha Buddha].”
    The monk said, “I ask you to reveal it to me.”
    Zhaozhou said, “Don’t tempt me.”

https://cundi.weebly.com/crazies.html

Kotishka
  • "We don't want our slugs to get killed."

lobsterJeroen

Hilarious… “we’re a bit scared” of a hedgehog?!

• Speaking of tea and cake..

howlobster
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited September 2022

King Charles III is supremely qualified for the position. First, he had to be born... then, he had to not die.

lobsterShoshin1marcitko
  • @lobster said:

Hey buddy pick on someone your own size ;)

• @federica said:
    Oh I remember Tommy Cooper; my husband met him. He could drink anyone under the table.
    And (not wanting to be a party pooper, but) I watched him literally die, on stage.

I never found Tommy Cooper particularly funny or his appeal. Then I found out he was an alcoholic. Severe. Then it made sense.