Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I didn’t know hedgehogs ate slugs. We obviously need many more hedgehogs.

• KotishkaKotishka Veteran
    edited August 2022

Baby atelerix algirus being treated for dehydration. Enjoying human high beds...muahah

Rescue picture

lobsterShoshin1
    edited August 2022

@Jeroen said:
    I didn’t know hedgehogs ate slugs. We obviously need many more hedgehogs.

Since Slavianka -it is the hedgehog's name- roams around our garden, the slugs and other pests I had an issue with -having to kill them myself tand earning negative kamma points- has been resolved. Good creature!

• Thanks for sharing @Kotishka

Lovely kindness … so worthwhile …

KotishkaShoshin1
  • I'm sitting in the departure lounge at Heathrow with around 1and half hours before I fly home via San Francisco...
    Well it's been nice catching up with family and friends and splashing about in the Mediterranean...but alas nothing is permanent...I'll soon be back into island life again..

JeroenFosdick
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I'm sorry we never got a chance to meet up, @Shoshin1... Life is a little crazy right now....

Shoshin1
  • @federica said:
    I'm sorry we never got a chance to meet up, @Shoshin1... Life is a little crazy right now....

No worries @federica ...I hope all goes well for you....

• My sister, my son's partner and I caught the ferry over to the tiny island of Tobaca , population (permanent residents) 68, however thousands of tourists visit the island daily...ferries were coming and going non stop...as one unloaded its passengers and left another took its place...Beautiful island but didn't find any sandy beaches, most were pebbles or rocks...Still managed a swim ....

The widest part of the island is only 500 metres and it takes around 15-20 minute to stroll from one end of the island to the other....

• So...two resits.... one tomorrow...the other one on Thursday...let's do this!

Jeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Kotishka said:
    So...two resits.... one tomorrow...the other one on Thursday...let's do this!

Good luck! I remember having to do resits.

• Well...first one is done...and 100% sure I passed. Bring it on tomorrow!

Shoshin1lobsterJeroen
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
    edited September 2022

The truth of the matter...Jonathan Pie

Sadly for the last 12 years... a government which has lose touch with the people...

• personally I am trying to lose touch with the government but they like to be in everyones way …

Yuk!
    … is mantra …
    yuckity yuk yuk yuk mmm …

• Looks like Summer's just around the corner....

• Anybody heard from @Bunks ?

• @Shoshin1 Maybe he is in a retreat? Hopefully this @Bunks call-out lures him back :)

Shoshin1
    edited September 2022

Yeah where is @Bunks, he has been missing for a while? His member page lists him as last active on July 10th.

Shoshin1
  • Did @Bunks mention a 2 month retreat a while back? It'd be 2 months from July 10th today though I could be mistaken about who mentioned it.

• @FleaMarket said:
    Did @Bunks mention a 2 month retreat a while back? It'd be 2 months from July 10th today though I could be mistaken about who mentioned it.

👍

• FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Another bear visit today, inside the fenced yard. The dog slipped past me and ran out to do combat nose to nose with the visitor. No picture, alas, I was fully occupied in hobbling around screaming to recall the dog, yelled myself hoarse and had a coughing fit afterwards, and no doubt further eroded my shaky reputation in what is usually a quiet neighborhood. Dog escaped injury, fortunately, and the bear is now off to look for garbage elsewhere.

This bear is well known to me - 3 years old, and of generally calm demeanor. He has a disquieting resemblance to a mendicant monk, but lacks the robe and bowl.

Shoshin1Kotishka
  • glad the dog and mendicant bear escaped injury @Fosdick 😉🙏🏽

• I came across this busy bee wasp (Asian paper wasp) setting up home on the side of my plastic bucket on the deck...

Cheeky so and so ...I saw her the other day buzzing around the area, (the bucket is not far from where other paper wasps had built their nests in the past.... possibly a reconnaissance flight...sussing out the area...

• Any word from @Bunks yet?

• @FleaMarket said:
    Any word from @Bunks yet?

It doesn't look like anyone has heard from him yet....

I wonder if @federica has a way of contacting him to see if things are okay...

May he and his family be well <3

KotishkaFleaMarketJeroen
  • @Shoshin1 said:

Speaking of.. anyone know how @federica is doing?

It occurs to me that we spend far more time talking about food and eating than about the other end of the process — having a good shit. Just an observation.

FleaMarket
  • A good shit is one of the most taboo pleasures existing out there. I prefer the name "relief" to call these beautiful glimpses of organic release...

• An old Kundalini instructor told my class it was her favorite part of the day. Sitting relaxed and fully voided brings a certain peace. I cannot disagree.

• @Jeroen said:
    It occurs to me that we spend far more time talking about food and eating than about the other end of the process — having a good shit. Just an observation.

What can I say....Shit happens ;);)

• FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

A sort of guided meditation, perhaps. It has an advantage over conventional meditation in that it is compulsory - you can't put it off indefinitely.

Shoshin1KotishkaJeroen

Unless if you don’t eat. It is kind of our sacred interface with the world, we take in part of the world, we transform it, we excrete it.

@FleaMarket said:
    fully voided

The next time I visit the porcelain throne I will see if it yields new perspectives on emptiness.

• In game of thrones...you either poo...or die....

lobster
  • Calendar- Today is the first day of Autumn.
    I'll remember that as the coming heatwave bakes my brownies.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@FleaMarket said:

@Shoshin1 said:

Speaking of.. anyone know how @federica is doing?

Thank you for asking. I*'m still dealing with a heavy familial issue. It's draining, but ultimately, will yield positive results, I'm sure.
    Thank you for the mention.

Not drowning, but waving.

Shoshin1FleaMarketJeroenlobster

This evening I popped in to find that there were 163 applicants.
    One real one, and 162 spambots.
    Guess which one I let in?

KotishkaShoshin1Jeroen
  • Spring is in the air and step here...> @federica said:

@Jeroen said:
    Yeah where is @Bunks, he has been missing for a while? His member page lists him as last active on July 10th.

Bunks has decided to go on "retreat" from Nb. He may be back some day. Like a good member that he is, he left quietly, softly closing the door behind him. I would never lock it. He knows he's always welcome if ever he wants a cuppa and a chinwag.

I will pass on your obvious good wishes.

Thanks for letting us know @federica ...and I hope things go well for you....

FleaMarket

@federica said:

@Jeroen said:

Bunks has decided to go on "retreat" from Nb.

His cheerful company is already being missed, i think.

FleaMarketKotishkalobster
  • We have a tropical storm in Lanzarote. Really great to be able to enjoy the rain :)

Shoshin1Jeroen
  • @Kotishka said:
    We have a tropical storm in Lanzarote. Really great to be able to enjoy the rain

KotishkaJeroen

I remember Lanzarote, I was there about twenty years ago. Volcanic deserts and beaches and Cesar Manrique.

edited September 2022

In a slight detour from the non-alcohol precept: Beer in Germany is amazingly cheap, like 70 eurocents per half litre. And its good too, they have this quality mark for the purity of beer which strictly regulates the ingredients which means that even the cheap beer is pretty decent.

• Next thing you need to learn is to open a beer with a lighter! Then you will pass for a local fo' sure. I used to drink this beer called Rothaus and Gutmann.

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited September 2022

do a bunk (Brit. slang) run away, flee, bolt, clear out (informal), beat it (slang), abscond, decamp, do a runner (slang), run for it (informal), cut and run (informal), scram (informal), fly the coop (U.S. & Canad. informal), skedaddle (informal), take a powder (U.S. & Canad. slang), take it on the lam (U.S. & Canad. slang) His live-in lover has done a bunk because he won't marry her.

@Bunks has done a temp bunk? :o

My wonderful mum is 90 today. That is to say, she has completed 90 circuits of the bright star at the centre of our planetary system. Whether she has a doppelganger in another parallel Universe, I cannot tell. But she gone done pretty good in dis one!

KotishkalobsterShoshin1
  • Best greetings for her! I'm visiting my grandmother this october and she will be turning 92! :D

edited September 2022

Random announcement: I found a few weeks ago lots of shoes in the rubbish...like to be disposed...I took them out..cleaned them and I'm now selling them for really cheap -15-30euros when real price is around 80-150euros-. How did these shoes end up there? No idea. Why did I peak inside the rubbish? Well...an old habit of mine is to search the rubbish and believe it or not, I furbished my flat this way in Germany. Including brand new china porcelain dishes :)

lobsterJeroenShoshin1
  • You are a dumpster diva/diver? @Kotishka

I use the trashnothing app (great if you are in a city)

edited September 2022

@lobster

I was trained in Berlin as a professional dumpster diver. I could find anything. Food was probably the hardest thing to score because in Germany they LOCK the bins and the access to them in supermarkets as dumpster diving is illegal, so I was more limited to picking up abandoned furniture or objects -usually carrying the tag Zu Verschenken-. Here in Spain dumpster diving is almost impossible and usually you find nothing good. Though in the last weeks I found a kid's scooter and a bag full of Nike, Adidas, Puma, Fila shoes....

This last score was quite good as my sister was on a visit and she took three pairs herself. Recycling ftw!

Edit: Don't think trashnothing will work here in Lanzarote, but I might give it a try.