Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Nugget

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

If you have one foot in the past, and one foot in the future, ….. you’re pissin’ on the present.

We’re all guilty. We all need to be more mindful of the moment and not getting dragged back…or worrying yourself to death about shit that is out of our control. Life is a struggle…..life is suffering. This is some bullshit!!! . ……Whew.

Take a breath. A couple more.

Keep it movin
Adjust accordingly.

🙂
❤️

KotishkaJeroenShoshin1lobsterFleaMarketDavid

Comments

• My foot in the past: regrets for not doing / regrets for doing certain things.

My foot in the future: eagerness or rush to reach and fulfill my current goals to fix the past.

My foot in the present: awareness of the present moment, strong like a cold waterfall, washing away those two foolish feet away!

Thanks for the reminder.

VastmindlobsterFleaMarketShoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Thanks for the timely reminder, @vastmind.

The present is a wonderful gift, that’s why its called the present.

VastmindShoshin1
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

*The way my present is currently, I have to take it moment by moment. I have a lot of plates spinning and can't wait to get my ducks in a row.
    But I guess I'll just have to go with the waiting....

lobsterVastmindShoshin1FleaMarket
  • Take a breath. A couple more.

Always done in the present reminder/mindfulness/moment of awareness no matter the dharma spin or what we are trying to duck …

Ways to manifest the nugget:

• use an activation event such as a phone vibration, on entering a room, your last breath …
    • Mantra is a breath technique, even silently, breath in … out on recitation
    • Where is the Buddha? Bow, take breath, prostrate (even visualised is good)

https://www.wikihow.com/Breathe

VastmindShoshin1FleaMarket
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Aunt Fede….you feel better, soon. 😘 I know you’re going through a lot with that stubborn leg/foot situation. Stay strong…speak up for yourself and what you need. Always be your own medical advocate. Take it easy, when you can. Do something while sitting….coloring books….still crocheting? What cha been busy doing?

@federica

Shoshin1lobsterFleaMarket
  • Your feet are always here. They have never been to the past or walked to the future. Don't believe it? Just look and touch them. Just here.

Same with your breath. Feel it.

Memories and dreams are entirely different things.
    But do they appear in the past or in the future?

Vastmind
  • the old adage:
    Remember the past
    Plan for the future
    Live in the present
    of course, we only have the present.

Peace to all

VastmindKotishkaShoshin1FleaMarket
  • it's passed
    It's comin'
    Here 'I am'

Seems like a plan … for Now <3

FleaMarket
  • Thus have I heard..

The only way to experience the present moment (that is for one to know) is to stop trying to experience it and just go with its natural the flow

For it is never stationary, it's always on the move... from one moment to the next like the needle in the groove

Vastmindlobster
  • You can dream of the past
    You can dream of the future
    You are always in the present

lobster
  • Well said @Lionduck

Who is present/mindful/aware in a dream state? [lobster raises sleepy claw] …
    I like to dream I am asleep, even when awake.

How does that work out skilfully? well … I send dreamy puja/metta to my former and further selves. In other words in samsara presently a dream world is created for me past and present. A Pureland if you will …

And where does this nugget of gold exist? No where, right here now or Know Where …
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sati_(Buddhism)

Z z z …

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

The Fifth Mindfulness Training
    Nourishment and Healing

Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful consumption, I am committed to cultivating good health, both physical and mental, for myself, my family, and my society by practicing mindful eating, drinking, and consuming. I will practice looking deeply into how I consume the Four Kinds of Nutriments, namely edible foods, sense impressions, volition, and consciousness. I am determined not to gamble, or to use alcohol, drugs, or any other products which contain toxins, such as certain websites, electronic games, TV programs, films, magazines, books, and conversations. I will practice coming back to the present moment to be in touch with the refreshing, healing and nourishing elements in me and around me, not letting regrets and sorrow drag me back into the past nor letting anxieties, fear, or craving pull me out of the present moment. I am determined not to try to cover up loneliness, anxiety, or other suffering by losing myself in consumption. I will contemplate interbeing and consume in a way that preserves peace, joy, and well-being in my body and consciousness, and in the collective body and consciousness of my family, my society and the Earth.

KotishkalobsterFleaMarketLionduck
  • When I ate my yogurt this morning it tasted like yogurt, not memories. When I grabbed the mail outside I felt the morning sun, not anxieties.

LionduckShoshin1lobster