Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Help Needed - offered

2»

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

How different… here in the Netherlands funerals are typically quite large affairs, with a ceremony with five or more speakers and refreshments afterwards, and an opportunity to talk. Seen a few of them the last few years.

• You will be happy to know more merit, puja, good will etc can be directed my way …
    (The benefits are all yours) ;)

I just had a tooth broken and filling fall out. I am on soup through a straw, aspirin and Indian ginseng etc, whilst I sort out dental treatment or tooth pulling …

Also hobbling to supermarket on a no-time-to-heel …eh heal … foot

… am starting to fall to bits

Maybe time for
    https://www.thewellnessseeker.com/medicine-buddha-meaning/

FleaMarket
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I’m also hobbling @Lobster, due to walking too many hills while not used to it. Maybe we can do a hobbling competition…

FleaMarketlobster
  • I like to shoot myself in the foot, can I join?

Also, I dunno your situation but grocery and necessity delivery options around here have become quite easy since covid and if you have options near you, might be helpful for a temporary period of time. They are also great for urban hermiting.

lobster
  • @FleaMarket everyone welcome <3

Yes, will start having deliveries again in a month or so … but that is a story for another building …

Meanwhile for those undergoing karmic pay back (part of being born) …

“The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.”

• Epictetus

Fortunately an angry foot, pain and Dukkha are great company whilst I hobble into sukha, the Purelands etc in search of New and OldBuddhists.com

FleaMarket
  • <3 just an update … <3
    Cremation is this Wednesday, 2 November. Unattended, though I believe the funeral service light a candle …

Dashes to ashes
    she's gone!

I like to shoot myself in the foot, can I join?

LOL
    Long live the Liver o:)

FleaMarket
  • An update:

My mothers younger sister is also getting a little confused but still knows who everyone is and is grateful we managed to care for mum at home. My aunt is in a care home in Switzerland but home visits her daughter, which she enjoys.

Some of us (Federica and Jeroene for example) are presently undergoing difficulties. We all do. It is when we constrict that expansion of virtues can unfold. This is why ideally we welcome dukkha. Not me because I am a sukha and Pureland addict … and far from ideal …

The Buddha is not flawless and that is Perfect. Samsara is Nirvana, don't ya know …

Shoshin1JeroenKotishka