Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Fruits of Zen Practice

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I always wonder, these advanced practitioners telling us what things will be like if we persist. Is it like that for everyone, or do you need a particular mental make-up? We are not all the same, there is quite a lot of variety in how humans are put together.

• howhow Veteran Veteran

@Jeroen

Out of a great variety of human beings, two main two divisions in mental make-ups, in Buddhist meditation practitioners come to mind.

I think that I have noticed over the years that sincere persisting practitioners from any tradition who seemed to have tasted some of the fruit of suffering's cessation, do so in accord with how deliberately they chose to walk along a path towards renunciation.
    You could call this particular mental makeup, one that's renunciation friendly.

Those sincere persisting practitioners from any tradition who seem to have difficulty in finding the fruit of suffering's cessation, do so in accord with how deliberately they chose to walk along a path that's acquisition based.
    You could call this particular mental makeup, one that's acquisition friendly.

Here, these divisions in a mental makeup that a meditator faces speak less about the current mentalities that we find that we have created or inherited
    and more about how we can choose to have them be either of benefit or detriment.

lobstermarcitko
  • First plant a tree. Then plant your ass. Then leaves. Flowering and fruiting.

Then … Jam …