Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thank you Buddha

From another thread ...

once in a while I am literally brought to my knees in either awe or gratitude or both. And my instinct is to thank God, but the longer I live the harder God is to define, so who or what I am thanking?

Thank you Buddha? Enlightened Boddhisatvas? How and who?
Awe and gratitude to the unnamed indefinable?

What is your gratitude?
https://www.self-help-and-self-development.com/gratitude-affirmations.html

BunksShoshinRen_in_blackLittleleaf

Comments

• Good answer @Fosdick <3

I personally am very grateful for what I have not received too. I am grateful:

• to mature nature.
    • god even when/if non existent or hovering like ceiling cat
    • my invisible dog
    • HH The Daily Llama,
    • His Highness the Papa Popey Pop Pope ... now available in lock down mode
    • General Motor Mouth, Fake Genius Trumpee

But in the spirit of the original post, I don't really have a reason for gratitude.
    I am just very grateful

<3 Thank You. NAMO AMITABA <3

ShoshinFosdick
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Essential workers doing what they do to keep us safe, fed, sheltered.

The majority of the population that understands what it will take to get through this and are trying to get used to the 'new normal' of daily life.

Those that don't 'get it', they're giving the rest lessons in patience.

Grateful for the NewBuddhist Sangha. I've been away for awhile, this forum has given me a chance for some semblance of social interaction through all this.

ShoshinlobsterFicus_religiosaLittleleaf
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

@lobster

•god ... hovering like ceiling cat>

<3<3<3

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

....expert in all dimensions, knower of all worlds.....both teacher and guide of gods as well as humans.....

Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu 🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

lobsterLittleleaf
  • Bravo @Kerome 💗🌈🦞

Today:

Grateful for food delivered today ... oh yeah ...
    We had grateful morning coffee with Ras malai - oh yum!
    A wonderful free range sentient (chicken) for lunch yum, yum, yum ...

Food; be grateful for every mouthful. 🥳👍🏼💗

WalkerLittleleaf
  • We had a trying morning but I'm grateful to have had the help and company of our neighbor. I'm also grateful to you people who I can tell this story!

My girlfriend forgot her keys in her car ignition and we enlisted the help of our neighbor who works on antique cars to help jump start her car. Well we tried but it looked like our battery was not giving any improvement the lights or anything else were not improving.

So then my girlfriend and the neighbor were working on taking the battery out. Of course it was a puzzle with not much room and having to take things apart. And then the craziest thing happened. The neighbor dropped a wrench in the car and we could not find where it was stuck.

We did get the battery out but my girlfriend has an online singing voice lesson so the car saga is 'to be continued' tomorrow as we will pick up a new battery at Walmart and hope to either find the wrench or hope it doesn't stick in a moving part.

The neighbor is a really nice guy and I was glad to chat with him. But hopefully no more car troubles this month.

lobster

@Jeffrey If you have a strong magnet, you might be able to locate the wrench with it.

Jeffrey
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited April 2020

@Walker good idea. I have a set of magnetic measuring spoons but I don't think they are very strong. Maybe could buy one at an auto store?

edited April 2020

@Jeffrey Yeah. Or Amazon might have something.
    Edit: Amazon probably wouldn't be a good option if you want to find the wrench tomorrow. Self Face-palms :D

• Update we got the new battery installed and have a magnet that is actually quite small but is attached to a retractable thing that looks a lot like an antenna on boom box. We could not find the wrench so car runs but wrench is still a mystery. The magnet is strong enough to lift a wrench. I talked to the neighbor for about a half hour afterwards. I had talked to him before and I like the guy. Hopefully we did a good enough job on the battery that we didn't mess anything else up.

WalkerBunksLittleleaf
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

@ Jeffrey
    A possible reason for why your magnet is not finding an out of sight steel wrench lost around a car engine & frame is....

A test magnet that can pick up a steel wrench off a non steel surface may very well not be able to pick up that same wrench when that wrench is in contact with another steel metal surface because of the countering magnetic force occuring between the magnetically charged wrench and the steel metal surface that its sitting on.

Try instead using your cell video to investigate the areas you can't get a normal sight line of.

JeffreylobsterShoshinBunks
  • @Bunks said:
    ....expert in all dimensions, knower of all worlds.....both teacher and guide of gods as well as humans.....

Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu 🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

I want one!

Grateful 4 Buddha
    Grateful for humain and hymen and even human buddhas badass
    Grateful for Sad He, Sad Hu and Happy Bod Hi

Isn't it great to be grateful? Try your best ...

BunksLionduckLittleleaf
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Feeling especially grateful to the morning today.

Grateful for fresh perspectives after coming out of sleep.
    Grateful for renewed energy to tackle the day.
    Grateful for new courage and health.
    Grateful for my morning coffee.

KotishkalobsterLittleleaf
  • Short one:
    When you say "Thank you Buddha.", be sure to be looking in the mirror.

Peace to all

Kotishka
  • Grateful for the ability to learn from being knocked off
    Grateful for the opportunity to be a mend for family relations
    Grateful for the reprieve from being a bag of doggie doodoo
    Grateful for the kind people at the market
    Grateful for @lionduck's reminder to be grateful

• I too recognise gratitude as an attitude.

We as Christian’s are supposed to be thankful in everything, even things that are causing us pain. It’s not always easy.

Lately though, I’ve been Grateful for being liberated from some major frustrations by sitting In shikantaza and seeing things from a Buddhist perspective. I really enjoy it.

So Yes, Thankyou Lord for The Buddha
    And Thankyou Buddha for your cool and simple easy teachings.

Metta Blessings😊

JeroenFleaMarket
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It is said that all the Buddha’s teachings contain the seeds of all of his other teachings, so even something as simple as sitting shikantaza contains the teachings on suffering and impermanence. The dharma has stayed relevant for 2500 years, it is a testament to its enduring value.

What Buddhism taught me about being a better Christian

Something to be grateful for…

Littleleaf

Today feeling…

Grateful for a relatively quiet Christmas period
    Grateful for everyday new energy to tackle life’s difficulties
    Grateful for family, some of whom are having a hard time with health troubles
    Grateful for the small pleasures of life

Littleleaf