Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Yes, this meditation, of a kind.

Really, I have no desire to start a discussion. I watched a video on the Web yesterday, and through it, experienced a state that would, I am sure, been impossible to know otherwise. If I succeed in uploading the video, you will know why, if you watch it. However, it is so powerful that, if I don't succeed in uploading it, here is the webpage: Do take the trouble to watch, it's only just over three minutes! I feel that it comes into the category of a meditation, hence my posting under this heading. If the video does not appear underneath these words, I did not find a way to upload it. Others don't have any problem doing this, but there is no button to click, or any way of doing it that is obvious.
Metta to all!

JeroenShoshin1DavidlobsterFleaMarketLionduckmarcitko

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Very cool! I enjoyed it, thanks Quandarius.

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited January 2023

With the word "meditation" attributed to as many meanings as "love" is, I think the visual and auditory representation of this murmuration fairly fits the bill as being potentially meditative.
    For me it shows life endlessly shifting between order and chaos, space & form, in a fluidity that challenges the self/verses other foundation of ones basic ego's storyline.
    Thanks for sharing.

lobster
  • I'm reminded of the continuous dance/movement of sub atomic particles...

DavidFleaMarket
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I watched first with the music and then without. Without the music, while there was still mental activity as observer, there was more of a lack of need for thoughts.

• FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Imagine really seeing that, filling the sky instead of a computer screen.

• all dances are amazing, be they two or two hundred thousand. Even the little dances that constantly go on i your own head are amazing. Part of the wonder we call life.
    Peace to all

• zorrozorro minneapolis Veteran

Imagine being one bird in that dance. How do they all dance that way without any bird interfering with any other?

• The whole is merely the sum of parts.
    Interbeing and empty of individuality.
    One for all, all for one.

• @zorro said:
    Imagine being one bird in that dance. How do they all dance that way without any bird interfering with any other?

I suppose it is this ...
    https://birdgap.com/flocks-of-birds-leader/

How did you think it happened?
    ... and as you are new here, Welcome <3

• zorrozorro minneapolis Veteran

Thank you, very interesting article. I am still fascinated by the thought of how it would feel to be one bird participating in a "murmuration". It would be a meditation, because you would have to totally let go of yourself and become a piece of the whole. Conscious of everything around you, but not really of yourself.

Thanks also for the welcome. I don't know a lot about buddhism, but the more I learn the more I want to know.

• was going to go into a jumble of words.
    Neh...
    Listened to the sounds of birds, planes, the breeze....observed the Sun, clouds, sky and land...
    As the sparrows and doves wander the yard.
    Pain and sorrow transform to calm peace and tranquil joy.
    meditation takes many forms
    Meditation is being completely in the moment

just some random meanderings

FleaMarketlobster