Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Mooji’s guided invitation to freedom

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

I was watching this video yesterday, and I found it helpful.

I’m not very familiar with Mooji’s teachings beyond knowing that he teaches a kind of Advaita and he comes from Poonjaji and Ramana Maharshi’s lineage. So his style is to work with “pointings”, questions which aim one with some immediacy into the space within.

I think it is important not to think too much about the questions he asks, but to allow insight to manifest when you hear the question. Once you start thinking about it you’ve lost the immediacy of it. It’s self inquiry of a sort, but on me it had a kind of gentle centering effect, bringing me back home.

FleaMarket

Comments

• pegembarapegembara Veteran
    edited May 2023

You are not the form, feeling, thoughts, or perceptions. In the Buddhist language, you are not the five aggregates which are constantly changing. What is left if you let go of everything?

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@pegembara said:
    What is left if you let go of everything?

I’m not there yet. For me letting go is a long journey, first one thing drops away, then the next.

pegembara
  • @Jeroen said:

I really enjoyed this. He has a good speaking voice. The first three minutes alone are fantastic. They remind me of the beginner's mind by Suzuki and set the listener in a great place to be paying attention to what he says next.

Jeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@FleaMarket said:

@Jeroen said:

I really enjoyed this. He has a good speaking voice. The first three minutes alone are fantastic. They remind me of the beginner's mind by Suzuki and set the listener in a great place to be paying attention to what he says next.

Yeah, he has a certain something. I’m not sure if he is as enlightened as some teachers, he still has that habit of talking with his hands, while most highly enlightened teachers have an elegant stillness. But his “pointing” technique I quite liked.