Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bunk up

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited May 2023 in General Banter

@Bunks said in another post:

Hi everyone! After almost a year away I decided it was time to come back and see how you all are.
What’s been happening?

Tsk, tsk, we been awaiting your return. 🫂💕🦞
You been hanging out with The Sangha again? ☸️

@Federica left us for a well needed rest. She is semi back. @lobster (cest moi) has been hanging here https://mas.to/@lobstered

Others can explain other events or non-events … oh and welcome back … 🙏

marcitkoJeroenBunks

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Hi there @lobster - thanks for the shout out.
    Life’s been busy as usual. Between work, kids, sport and my partner not much time for anything else.
    I did have five days with Ajahn Brahm at Newbury for Vesak a couple of weeks ago. That was nice.
    My practice is on life support these days. Always telling myself I should start meditating again blah blah. Just another stick to beat myself with!

Jeroenlobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Bunks said:
    Life’s been busy as usual. Between work, kids, sport and my partner not much time for anything else.
    I did have five days with Ajahn Brahm at Newbury for Vesak a couple of weeks ago. That was nice.
    My practice is on life support these days. Always telling myself I should start meditating again blah blah. Just another stick to beat myself with!

Did you do a retreat then with Ajahn Brahm? It seems to me that if anyone can help someone whose “practice is on life support” it would be him.

But regular life is important too. My stepfather — who I help care for — has taken a serious turn for the worse and can now walk, shuffle really, only short distances and that with difficulty, which means we need to lift him more often, support him when he stands and so on. It’s not so easy, and hard on the body.

Hope we’ll see you around here a bit more often.

lobsterBunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

No need for beating our selves, we have existence/Zenniths and the sangha for that. I like to beat myself with practice … just done my meditation, which gets weirder each time. For example in this session I included:

• Mostly just posture sitting, attentive relaxing …
    • No mantra or tantra based visualisations/possession by godly forms (that is a rarity)
    • Mudras from zen, tantra, shingon, yoga and a few new ones (not sure where they came from)

Fuck knows what tomorrow will bring. Rite speech probably. Oh and bee hiving myself in the naughty corner ;)

Never forget: Buddhas are not only stupas/statutes/stoners/lore etc BUTT

Buddhas R Us! Can you beat that! <3o:)>:)

Bunks

@Jeroen said:

@Bunks said:

Did you do a retreat then with Ajahn Brahm? It seems to me that if anyone can help someone whose “practice is on life support” it would be him.

But regular life is important too. My stepfather — who I help care for — has taken a serious turn for the worse and can now walk, shuffle really, only short distances and that with difficulty, which means we need to lift him more often, support him when he stands and so on. It’s not so easy, and hard on the body.

Hope we’ll see you around here a bit more often.

Haha unfortunately when Ajahn Brahm comes to town it's mayhem. Everybody wants a piece of him so the Monastery is super super busy. I was exhausted by the time he left.

Once the new Retreat centre opens I should be able to focus on a retreat. Perhaps even with him.

JeroenShoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Bunks said:
    Haha unfortunately when Ajahn Brahm comes to town it's mayhem. Everybody wants a piece of him so the Monastery is super super busy. I was exhausted by the time he left.

Once the new Retreat centre opens I should be able to focus on a retreat. Perhaps even with him.

So you still spend a lot of time at the Monastery? That is great to hear.

@Jeroen said:

@Bunks said:

So you still spend a lot of time at the Monastery? That is great to hear.

Yeah I do. I like to support the Sangha there. They have become my friends.

Plus it's nice to have a break from all the the madness for a few days.

JeroenSuraShinelobster

It must be getting late at night in Australia… sometimes my stepbrother calls me from Sydney around this time, when he is at home and has enjoyed a few glasses of wine ;)