Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bodhisattva Vows

SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran
edited May 2023 in Mindfulness

Hi all :)

So I'm based in NSW for the foreseeable future and I recently took my Bodhisattva vows. I was wondering if anyone else here has taken them and how it's changed their practise for them.

I'm finding that I am much more mindful of my speech and actions. I mean, I always tried to be but now I'm very aware of not wanting to incur root or secondary downfalls.

Namaste,
Sura

Shoshin1JeroenmarcitkoLionduckFleaMarket

Comments

• LionduckLionduck Veteran

interesting, in general the Bodhisattva vow is to save the World, that is to enable other to embrace the Law and guides them along the Way.
    Of course, the average "run of the mill Bodhisattva" wont be rounding up thousands of folk at a time.
    So, what do we do?
    We go one heart at a time. Every student is a teacher and every teacher is a student. If we can mentor even one other person, we are carrying out the Bodhisattva Vow.
    in that way, the Middle Way, the Law lives and grows even as a great forest may begin with but one sapling or a vast field of flowers can arise from just a single flower, unnoticed in the beginning.
    Every major change, every social transformation, good or bad, began with one person.
    By taking the Bodhisattva Vow, we each determine to be that flower, that sapling.
    That vow to be the spark that lights the match that lights the candle lighting the darkened room...as you are.
    So simple, so easy, so difficult, so rewarding.

Just sharing a bit of my ignorance, again.

Peace to all

SuraShinelobsterhow
  • SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

You are right @Lionduck - I've started by coming clean about my negative actions to my friends.

BunksLionduck